Upcoming Football Season

Options
I know it is only early July, but with hockey and football still months away, and baseball not cutting it for me, I need to get some real sports talk happening. What are you Super Bowl picks for the upcoming year?

I have Green Bay and Denver, though I am not sleeping on Seattle from the NFC or Indy from the AFC.

Replies

• teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've got my money on the Texans being Super Bowl contenders, if we can get rid of Matt Schaub... or he miraculously becomes Tom Brady's equally as great twin. I'm a huge Texans fan so I cannot wait for the season to start! Super happy with our draft picks as well!
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    I am a Packers fan, so I am happy we went out and drafted a solid running back, because we have zero run game. We need something other than Rodgers. I like Houston. Great team. I think Schaub can do it. Just needs to stay a little more patient. Then he can take Brady's place.
  • KY2022runner
    KY2022runner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go packers!

Can't wait to see Randall Cobb get more opportunities this year. He's a phenomenal talent and an all around great guy too.

But, my bengals will suck as always! Assuming any of them are not in prison by the time the season starts...
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am a Packers fan, so I am happy we went out and drafted a solid running back, because we have zero run game. We need something other than Rodgers. I like Houston. Great team. I think Schaub can do it. Just needs to stay a little more patient. Then he can take Brady's place.

I don't take the time to pay attention to other teams (so selfish!) so I have no idea what the Packers have going on right now. I will pay more attention this season and see how you do! :) As far as H-Town goes... Schaub has the POTENTIAL to do it, but I've yet to see it! I would love for him to all of a sudden be AMAZE-BALLS and win us a ring!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    11081426_3893_thumb.jpg
    play_redskins_logo_576.jpg
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    very interested to see how the first season w/o Sir Alex goes.

and cant wait to see how my Redskins improve on last year. RG3 is all healed up. he has ROY...time for MVP and a Lombardi.
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    As someone who bleed blue, I am rooting for my GMEN to get their **** together again this year!

I'm pretty impressed with the Packers right now to be honest though.

It's only 57 days till Ravens/Broncos kick it offfffff
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    i love all sports but there is something so special about the NFL. its no wonder its the most financially well off league in the world. its so successful that all 32 teams are in the top 50 world wide most valuable teams.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    49ers goin to the superbowl heck yeah. we'll see, ihope they make it as long as they make it to the finals, i wont be too upset lol
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I know it is only early July, but with hockey and football still months away, and baseball not cutting it for me, I need to get some real sports talk happening. What are you Super Bowl picks for the upcoming year?

I have Green Bay and Denver, though I am not sleeping on Seattle from the NFC or Indy from the AFC.

Yes! Awesome! I live for football season! Go Broncos!!!!!
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    The Seahawks and the Saints!! Oh yeah!!
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    New Orleans Saints baby! WHO DAT!!!!!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    rise-up-Atlanta-Falcons.jpg

540817_508002402577409_631025348_n.jpg
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    The way Fox and Elway have built up the Broncs this off season it'll be really interesting to see what they can pull off. I am really sketchy on their run game without Willis McGahee in the back field though. Knoshow Merano has yet to finish a season, Lance Ball and Johnson have hardly any real play time same with Roni Hillman. They're wide out core though hell yeah! Manning is going to have a lot of field to through to secondaries will be extremely busy with that core of WR they have.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Philadelphia-Eagles-Logo.gif
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    The way Fox and Elway have built up the Broncs this off season it'll be really interesting to see what they can pull off. I am really sketchy on their run game without Willis McGahee in the back field though. Knoshow Merano has yet to finish a season, Lance Ball and Johnson have hardly any real play time same with Roni Hillman. They're wide out core though hell yeah! Manning is going to have a lot of field to through to secondaries will be extremely busy with that core of WR they have.

That is where I am going with it. You can never sleep on Manning, and he was so phenominal in Indy with a minimal run game, that what they have added at the WR slot has them beating our Houston and New England for my pick in the AFC.
  • Darius66
    Darius66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow no love for the 49ers???

Niners all the way baby. This year is a victory
  • KimberleyS0624
    KimberleyS0624 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    11081426_3893_thumb.jpg
    play_redskins_logo_576.jpg

hell yes.We are a Redskins household. HTTR
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I'm really out of touch with it so I have no idea what has happened to other teams in the off season but it looks like a rebuilding year for my Steelers, so I'm not too excited. But it's a long season and anything can happen.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    black and gold :) Steelers