Upcoming Football Season

Options

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I hope that with more experience under his belt, we'll be Kapernicking it all the way to the title this time
  • Darius66
    Darius66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I hope that with more experience under his belt, we'll be Kapernicking it all the way to the title this time

Hell yes! Nice to see a fellow Niner fan!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Here we go Brownies, here we go!

Owner-Lerner-to-sell-Browns-to-Steelers-fan-L61ULHUM-x-large.jpg

That is, if we don't suck yet again, or our new owner doesn't lose the team, or the curse doesn't finish us off, etc...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm a college football fantatic.
    And I'd basically give a boob for a non SEC team to win the NCG.

Any team.
    BYU
    Texas-who I hate
    Miami-who I hate

ANYBODY.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Packers with their newly aquired running backs got the Super Bowl in the bag this year! Over the Texans.
    Cornhuskers are going to win the Rose Bowl cause I don't think they'll have enough to beat Ohio St for the Big Ten. Ohio St loses to an SEC team in the championship(as usual)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Please refer to my ticker to see who my team is! :) I work 1/2 mile from the stadium and the flyovers go over my house. I read there won't be any flyovers this year, which is very sad.:sad:

I'm more than ready for the season to start! Less than a month until Family night and then Preseason starts after that!!
  • brandynot
    brandynot Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    SAINTS all the way!!! WHO DAT!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    the thing that the NFL does better than most other leagues is parity. Every year, it seems, a bad team makes a tremendous leap to being decent.

The other thing I am curious about is if/when defenses will catch up to the zone read offenses. Griffin, Kapernik, and Wilson seemed to usher in the offensive style with decent success, but defenses usually catch up in a year or so. I am also interested in Griffin's return from injury. Not so much about how he'll perform, but the injury seemed to cause some issues between Griffin and Shanahan (and Snyder to a lesser extent).

I am a Lions fan, so I hope the move to pick up Reggie Bush turns out well for them as they need a little boost to their running game. But Schwartz is trying to solidify that defense, and the recent signing of Idonije will help that as well as signing a solid FS. Almost as important as the pickups was getting rid of Titus Young and all the baggage he brought.

I'm not a Falcons fan, but I wouldn't be upset if Tony Gonzales got a Super Bowl win. I think he's much more likable than the circus that was Ray Lewis' Last Ride (on deer antler spray) last year.

I am also curious about Chip Kelly's transition to the NFL. For some reason, people are expecting the same Oregon offense - but I think he's smarter than that. I don't particularly like the Eagles, or Mike Vick, so I hope they fail...but I have liked Chip Kelly.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm a Ravens fan, been one since 96'. With our last SB win and the loss of so many free agents I am not looking at having a great season but I will still be watching every game in my purple and black.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I'm a college football fan.

I'll be at every MSU game.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    GO STEELERS! I have to wait to see my predictions for the super bowl but am hoping for 7!
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    rise-up-Atlanta-Falcons.jpg

540817_508002402577409_631025348_n.jpg

Crimson tide all the way.
    Although I gotta disagree about the falcons. Pats/Ravens fan here
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I'm a college football fantatic.
    And I'd basically give a boob for a non SEC team to win the NCG.

Any team.
    BYU
    Texas-who I hate
    Miami-who I hate

ANYBODY.

SEC schedule sets up pretty nicely to not put an undefeated team out. LSU's schedule is murder, Bama gets A&M on the road at 2:30 PM in september (which means 90-100* at kickoff in the hottest tempwise stadium in the SEC, expect boo's for bama cramping by the 2nd quarter), and then A&M trips to LSU late in the season. And this is totally disregarding the east because they'll probably lose to the west AGAIN in the SEC CG anyway.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Saints - Broncos.

Drew vs Peyton, Round 2.
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    SAINTS all the way!!! WHO DAT!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    rise-up-Atlanta-Falcons.jpg

540817_508002402577409_631025348_n.jpg

You remember that song Cee Lo Green had a year or two ago, that was so popular?

That.

drew-brees-huddlejpg-34be35e266f9d855_large.jpg

21348681_BG1.jpg
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    Geaux Saints! Geaux Tigers!!!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    RODGERSBELTgifpagespeedceqQJDQwNZsT_zpsf9fc5b3c.gif