Do you have a hobby?

Options

Replies

• auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hiking, camping, crochet, (wanna take up archery), reading, travel, kayaking, video games, does Netflix binging count as a hobby cause I do that too :p
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Watching tv
  • hankpick77
    hankpick77 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Hiking, camping, crochet, (wanna take up archery), reading, travel, kayaking, video games, does Netflix binging count as a hobby cause I do that too :p
    You will love archery, I'm hooked on it!
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    hankpick77 wrote: »
    You will love archery, I'm hooked on it!

Me and my hubby went to a place for a date day and I wish I could have bought a bow right then and there :D
  • VelociraptorEyes
    VelociraptorEyes Posts: 1,175 Member
    Options
    Ice skating, walking while listening to music, biking, signing in ASL (American Sign Language), and watching sports :smile:
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Outside of Jazzercise, which is a daily addiction, music and concerts. We don't go to as many as we used to ($$$ woes and heck, teenagers are EXPENSIVE), but this summer we have managed to get to Boston, Sting & Peter Gabriel - next month it is Reggae on the Rocks and Phish. Super excited about both of those :)
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Quilting, crafting, and reading
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It's funny that my bf just told me "any hobby is a waste of money." I actually gave it a thought and realized that's because he didn't understand how mentally satisfying it could be while devoting yourself to your hobbies (if done it the correct way). But that part about money is true... Just that I won't say it's a waste.

Mine used to be playing musical instrument, reading, and hand-crafting, but now it's more like working out (including reading MFP posts), tv, and online shopping... I've been trying to fix the online shopping part though. Still have that passion for hand-crafts but it's kind of on-and-off. Same for the musical instrument...
    I'm also working on going back to journaling (used to love it when I was a teenager) but not sure how long it'll last. Already spent a lot for the "cute tools" for journaling :|
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    At this time, my hobby is casual research of family members. It will be a short-lived hobby, but I've lost two nights' sleep in the last week because of it -- whole nights. I get on some rabbit trail and won't give it up until I am falling asleep while trying to continue!

I learned that my direct relative who brought his family to America died young in the very early 1600s. He probably had heart attacks over his oldest son, who was wicked and also a direct relative.

Found that we descended directly from a man who was a slave (for sure) and for sure, an apparently Native American woman. My aunt had shown me a photo of the man when I was too young to really appreciate it, her research, or her two books. Now that I want the books and the photo, I can't find them.

So as I researched, I then branched out and began to research my first husband's family as well. I am enjoying this!

I used to have a lot of hobbies, but I don't anymore. I need to get some.
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Playing guitar
    Getting tattoos (does that count?)
    Video games
    Hiking, camping, anything outdoors.
    Long-boarding, surfing.
    Having all night horror movie marathons.
    Being single.
    Lmao being single??) is that considered a hobby??
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love to read! I am always at the library to help feed my addiction.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm in a band...I lift weights. I read about nutrition/fitness.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Reading
    Cooking
    Exercise
    Crafts
  • Constant_Nova
    Constant_Nova Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I used to bake. I was very good at it too! I used to take cupcakes and breads to share at my church and people would question if I actually baked for a living or would tell me that they saved up a days worth of carbs to enjoy one of my delicious treats. I don't do it as often anymore though.....Maybe I need to :/
  • dahye_diet
    dahye_diet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Leisure walking while listening to new music on Soundcloud and Apple Music :)
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My hobbies is: Sky diving
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Lifting
    Eating
    Painting
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    No.
  • waynetaylor_co_uk
    waynetaylor_co_uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I play quite a few instruments and write songs.
    I can share some if anyone would like to hear them x