told i am eating to little because of the amount of calories burned?

Options

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    The 2834 burn for the day doesn't seem farfetched. I'm 5'3" and 109 pounds and so far my TDEE for the day is 1664; it's usually 2000 by the end of the day. I'm seconding the question about weighing and logging.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    The 2834 burn for the day doesn't seem farfetched. I'm 5'3" and 109 pounds and so far my TDEE for the day is 1664; it's usually 2000 by the end of the day. I'm seconding the question about weighing and logging.

It wasn't 2834 for the day, it was for roughly half the day and he hasn't done any of his usual walking.
  • Maxematics
    Options

It wasn't 2834 for the day, it was for roughly half the day and he hasn't done any of his usual walking.

Not his usual patrols but I don't know how much he walked today. He's also a lot taller and heavier than I am so I dunno. I'm also wondering what his adjustment looks like without him just spitting out numbers.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a huge overestimation of calories burned.
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 9 inches, 290 lbs, 53 years old I have walked so far 16, 949 steps and I got 6 more patrols to go at roughly 1500 steps per patrol, inside the building and I have eaten 1200 calories so far, I have not have my dinner yet, normally my total burn with activitie. P90 workout and walking I burn between 4500 - 5200 calories total, that's what my body burns
  • senennieves
    Options
    According to my fitbit I have burned 3874 calories since 1 minute after minute, I sleep with my fitbit on, so I counts what my body burns while I sleep too
  • Maxematics
    Options
    Now that I'm sitting at the computer and using the MFP website, I can view your diary. You've gone over your sodium goal by almost double for the past three days, as well as most of the last two weeks since you have fast food almost every single day. You sure you're not retaining water right now? You weigh all of your fast food?
  • senennieves
    Options
    I don't weigh the fast food sandwich or salads, everything else I do
  • senennieves
    Options
    Well I do have high blood pressure, and I'm drinking 64 ounces of water, but the P90 workout uses power band , dumbells, and I do pushup, squats, and other strength training stuff, I was told the body retains water for repairing muscle and for recovery, could that be it?
  • senennieves
    Options
    I was told that I should not go below 1500 calories as I would not be eating enough and I would lose muscle and it could hurt the body on the long run
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Well I do have high blood pressure, and I'm drinking 64 ounces of water, but the P90 workout uses power band , dumbells, and I do pushup, squats, and other strength training stuff, I was told the body retains water for repairing muscle and for recovery, could that be it?

Yes. That is true. If you just starte exercising or increased intensity it is not uncommon to see a stall or even a spike in the scale.
  • Maxematics
    Options
    Only 64 ounces of water at your weight with all that sodium? I'd be drinking more water if I were you.
  • senennieves
    Options
    So how much water should I be drinking ???
  • senennieves
    Options
    MFP says 64 ounces
  • Maxematics
    Options
    The more sodium you consume the more water you should drink to offset the water retention, so I'd say you should try to at least add 24 fluid ounces of water on top of that 64 to start. You also say you're doing intense exercise almost every day and walking a lot on top of that which requires more water. As per your diary, you only drink coffee and muscle milk on occasion; I see no other drinks logged throughout the day. I'm guessing the protein powder you mix with water? One rule of thumb is usually to take half your body weight and drink that many ounces of water. That would be 145 ounces for you. You should probably try to work up to that amount, give or take a few ounces.
  • 3dogsrunning
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The more sodium you consume the more water you should drink to offset the water retention, so I'd say you should try to at least add 24 fluid ounces of water on top of that 64 to start. You also say you're doing intense exercise almost every day and walking a lot on top of that which requires more water. As per your diary, you only drink coffee and muscle milk on occasion; I see no other drinks logged throughout the day. I'm guessing the protein powder you mix with water? One rule of thumb is usually to take half your body weight and drink that many ounces of water. That would be 145 ounces for you. You should probably try to work up to that amount, give or take a few ounces.

When I looked earlier it appeared he was using the MFP water counter. I assumed he was drinking just water for his drinks.

There is a lot of disagreement on the rule of thumb. Even MFP's recommendation isn't based off of any solid science. Generally, if your urine isn't dark coloured, you are probably getting enough water.
  • senennieves
    Options
    My urine is almost clear, I only drink water, coffee, body fortress protein and muscle milk protein, no juice, ono soda and I mix protein with water, and yes I am using the MFP wAyer recommendation, like right now I have a little over 20 k steps done a ND I still got 3 patrols, so I will end up with 25 l steps tonight
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    So how much water should I be drinking ???

I downloaded the "drink water app" from android. It uses your gender, age, and weight to calculate water needs. I'm a 36 year old woman at 175lb and it has me at about 81oz a day. I usually drink 90-100 oz. You probably need more than me. Just like calorie needs water will not be the same from person to person.

MFP sets the same water minimum for everyone. Its a great site for counting calories and connecting with a community but not for monitoring hydration. I suspect you are retaining water because you aren't drinking enough.
  • trinateegardens
    trinateegardens Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Senennieves I wish I were as awesome as you with my goals. You work hard.