My fiancé said ...

Options

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    WOW! Nothing could be further from the truth. Just ignore him!
  • terilea2
    terilea2 Posts: 11
    Options
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO LOSE ANY MORE WEIGHT!!! You are at the low end of the weight range for your height. Are you sure you want to marry this man?
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Your fiancee sounds like douche-nozzle.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If he is saying that now to you, imagine the things he will be saying after you are married. It's called verbal and emotional abuse. I don't think you or anyone else can possibly live up to a "perfect" image for anyone. There is no such thing as a perfect person on this place we call Earth.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    He shouldn't be your fiance anymore. Idiot. (Him, not you!)
  • karaeb621
    karaeb621 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Especially, assuming he knows your past issues, I would not marry a man who said that. Period. That is if he said it the way you suggest. And it makes me sad all you can focus on is being perfect for him.

AMEN! There is no reason you should settle for someone who thinks of you like that!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'd punch your fiance in the balls.

I like you.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3f09bSUpT1qfw2dno1_500.gif
  • Gsdmom2
    Gsdmom2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok. after reading the other replies, I will now be more blunt...DUMP the jerk, and wait for someone who loves you and supports your efforts, Just imagine how he'll react when you get pregnant and have baby weight to deal with! the only thing you may want to do perfectly for him is run and fast!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'd punch your fiance in the balls.

^^^This
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Did I read that right? Fiance?!! If you want to lose weight, throw his *kitten* to the curb - a lot baggage there!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What the flying ****...
  • addison8633
    Options
    I have had an eating disorder for over twenty years. If you let someone else dictate your self-image, you will fall back into the same trap. If he cannot love you for you, he is obviously displacing some of his own insecurities onto you. Be strong.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My fiancé told me today that he thinks i'm fat. My family disagree and think I dont need to lose any weight.
    I've just managed to over come my eating disorder. I developed bulimia and I had malnutrition because of not eating for days/weeks.

I'm 5'2 and 114-115lbs (52-53kg). I know I have a couple of pounds to lose and i'm not far from my goal weight.

I don't know what to do. I just want to be perfect in his eyes :cry:
    Please do not marry this man.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3f09bSUpT1qfw2dno1_500.gif

This kind of makes sense...? Seems like a terrible way to go about it though.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned about your username than your fiancé.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Your fiance is an *kitten*.

You are not fat. Dont listen to him.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My fiancé told me today that he thinks i'm fat. My family disagree and think I dont need to lose any weight.
    I've just managed to over come my eating disorder. I developed bulimia and I had malnutrition because of not eating for days/weeks.

I'm 5'2 and 114-115lbs (52-53kg). I know I have a couple of pounds to lose and i'm not far from my goal weight.

I don't know what to do. I just want to be perfect in his eyes :cry:

Believe your family and your instinct - you are not fat. You do not need to lose any weight.

Anyone who would say something so hurtful as a fiance is not going to make a supportive, kind or loving husband.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    He needs to be your EX-fiancé. Period.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Considering your condition...bulimia....your fiance seems detrimental to your health. He should be encouraging you to better yourself in a healthy manner.

I'd think twice about marrying him if I were you.

THIS. I'm sorry, but, I think you should reconsider your future with him. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your weight. You do not need to lose anything(except him).

Marie