Broken heart success stories?

Options
2»

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    YES! Was in a majorly abusive marriage and when I finally was able to get out after 7 long years, I began creating a new life for myself. I started eating less (well, because I didn't have a lot of money to spend on food), stopped drinking so much (he liked to keep me intoxicated so that when I woke up with bruises or a black eye he could tell me that I fell because I was so drunk) and got myself back out there meeting people. I successfully lost over 100lbs in 18 months, met and fell in love with the man of my dreams and have now been happily married almost 5 yrs!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, I have trust issues since my former fiance cheated on me. After I broke that off, I realized I wasn't actually in love with him. I'm 37 years old and was only head over heels in love once (high school boyfriend). And that relationship ended on a good note. We are still friends to this day. Have I been into people and they blow me off, yes. Happened just last year. I was a bit hurt when he basically "ghosted" me. But that action alone helped me heal. Who over the age of 25 "ghosts"? I find it childish.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    yea i lost over 100 pounds

still broken hearted but its fading into a dull "u will be alone forever just accept it" thing now

When you are ready to thrive alone is when you are truly ready for a relationship ;) I found love in the last place I expected it, and in a person I never would have imagined, but it's perfect.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My heartbreak didn't really affect my diet or exercise at all. Just my view on life
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Currently going through it and so far I'm the fitness is going great, I'm in the best shape I've ever been lol, I don't know if it will stick but it's been 3-4 months.

Honestly it didn't start as a plan to show her what's she's missing, or to win her back, I just didn't have an appetite and wasn't sleeping hardly any. I needed to fill my time with something positive to keep busy, plus I thought if I was physically tired enough I would actually be able to get some sleep. Then once I started seeing results it snowballed and I want to see how much further I can go.
  • ka33433
    ka33433 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, I have trust issues since my former fiance cheated on me. After I broke that off, I realized I wasn't actually in love with him. I'm 37 years old and was only head over heels in love once (high school boyfriend). And that relationship ended on a good note. We are still friends to this day. Have I been into people and they blow me off, yes. Happened just last year. I was a bit hurt when he basically "ghosted" me. But that action alone helped me heal. Who over the age of 25 "ghosts"? I find it childish.

I feel ya.. my ex ghosted me after 5 years... its pathetic lol
  • ka33433
    Options
    YES! Was in a majorly abusive marriage and when I finally was able to get out after 7 long years, I began creating a new life for myself. I started eating less (well, because I didn't have a lot of money to spend on food), stopped drinking so much (he liked to keep me intoxicated so that when I woke up with bruises or a black eye he could tell me that I fell because I was so drunk) and got myself back out there meeting people. I successfully lost over 100lbs in 18 months, met and fell in love with the man of my dreams and have now been happily married almost 5 yrs!

Wow, what a story!!! Well done for getting out of that relationship and finding love :) xx
  • ka33433
    Options
    synchrony7 wrote: »
    Currently going through it and so far I'm the fitness is going great, I'm in the best shape I've ever been lol, I don't know if it will stick but it's been 3-4 months.

Honestly it didn't start as a plan to show her what's she's missing, or to win her back, I just didn't have an appetite and wasn't sleeping hardly any. I needed to fill my time with something positive to keep busy, plus I thought if I was physically tired enough I would actually be able to get some sleep. Then once I started seeing results it snowballed and I want to see how much further I can go.

Good effort!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    All my ex-wives seem happier.