Options
13»

Replies

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    sizco25 wrote: »
    Yeah went to very active to see how many cals it would give me and it gave me 3,080 lol.....

I want your problems! Haha

...as a 5'2 woman I get a whopping 1200 to lose 1 lousy pound a week.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I've been watching my calories past 2 weeks and started at 268 im at 260 now but i figured most of that was just water weight.

How many calories were you consuming?
    Might be useful to know what you currently eat and then adjust up or down to get a nice steady loss.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Yeah went to very active to see how many cals it would give me and it gave me 3,080 lol.....

I want your problems! Haha

...as a 5'2 woman I get a whopping 1200 to lose 1 lousy pound a week.

Also 5'2 and I have to work out almost every day to eat 1400 and lose a pound a week. Come, join me on the struggle bus, we have free fruit that you can eat as a snack because "normal" snacks are kinda out of the question for the time being.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Try to limit your consumption of roof tiles and bicycle wheels. Otherwise, knock yourself out.

2630 calories at 2lb a week means mfp is estimating maintenance at 3630. Which is high, but given OP is very tall and pretty heavy at 260lb doesn't seem unbelievable to me.

Yeah, well im still dont believe it.. but i went under diet settings where you adjust all that and checked everything.. and that was just under active which says for a waitress very active is for physical job which i have but i went with active instead.. but i guess MFP wouldn't be wrong lol..

sounds right to me. I have a guy in my life that was about your size and he lost on 2600...maintains on about 3500+ depending on his job...
  • sizco25
    sizco25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    jo_nz wrote: »
    I've been watching my calories past 2 weeks and started at 268 im at 260 now but i figured most of that was just water weight.

How many calories were you consuming?
    Might be useful to know what you currently eat and then adjust up or down to get a nice steady loss.

Well, it was ridiclous lol.. im suprised im not like 500 lbs by now the way i was eating.. i wouldnt eat lot during the day but at night i was eating taco bell ALOT lol.. i just added up some of the items i would eat and its around 2500 cals and thats without the extras i would get on it for example extra cheese etc.. and then i would go to bed on that lol.. so cutting out all of that i already feel better..
  • sizco25
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Try to limit your consumption of roof tiles and bicycle wheels. Otherwise, knock yourself out.

2630 calories at 2lb a week means mfp is estimating maintenance at 3630. Which is high, but given OP is very tall and pretty heavy at 260lb doesn't seem unbelievable to me.

Yeah, well im still dont believe it.. but i went under diet settings where you adjust all that and checked everything.. and that was just under active which says for a waitress very active is for physical job which i have but i went with active instead.. but i guess MFP wouldn't be wrong lol..

sounds right to me. I have a guy in my life that was about your size and he lost on 2600...maintains on about 3500+ depending on his job...

Thank you! that eases my mind a bit.
  • sizco25
    Options
    I mean i was eating my daily cals in one sitting which now looking at it was just shameful haha
  • sizco25
    Options
    ohh also i was drinking beer which i have cut out.. that was 260 cals per can.. which were 16 oz.. so around 4-5 a night that def adds up lol..
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If you continue to lose at an average of 4lbs a week, up your daily calories

Get an average over 6-8 weeks
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I mean i was eating my daily cals in one sitting which now looking at it was just shameful haha

There's nothing wrong with that. Many people follow intermittent fasting, where they have an eating window for the day. It works for some people, but not everyone. If you feel better spreading out your calories, then keep that up!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Thank you! that eases my mind a bit.

glad to hear...he is down to about 190 in a year...looks great...
  • catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of calories for most people. I guess just try it and see if you lose.