water retention hopefully???

on Saturday I weighed 111.4 and I just weighed myself and the scale read 123.2 please reassure me it's only water weight!! I enjoyed myself with food and alcohol but I 11 pounds of weight gain in 3 days??????

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    It's weight from food in your system & sodium increase (water weight). You may have gained an ounce or two if you really did overdue things a lot but not nearly 11 pounds.
    Drink lots of water over the next few days to flush out the sodium and wait. Those pounds will come off. They aren't "real".
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    They're only really annoying.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I second that. There is no way you are enough 8n 3 days to gain 11 lbs of fat. Increase your water and watch your salt for a couple of days and you will see it come off.
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    I feel your pain. While I splurged the last two days on food I don't normally eat, I stayed in my calorie goal. Stepped on scale this morning amd 8 lbs heavier. Talk about a sucker punch. I know weight fluctuates, but never had it this much. Thinking it was two days of eating crabs and dipping into Old Bay seasoning. Sodium overload.
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    12 pounds is 40,000 calories extra, possible but massively unlikely even if you have cake, wine and burgers. It should flush out with a day or 2 of healthy eating