Do you log the small nibbles you take in your MFP diary?

Options
Okay so I don't usually nibble during the day but I have slipt a few times this week so I was wondering if everyone logs their nibbles too? Personally, I do find it a bit irrational to log them but I was wondering about what others think?

Thanks to anyone who answers.

Replies

• kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by nibbles?
    If there are sweets or crisps around and you eat a handful through the day, you should try to log it as it can add up quickly. If you mean testing your sauce for dinner or licking the spoon after baking, it's probably not necessary.
    I don't tend to nibble though, I either eat a portion of something or none of it so you might be better taking an answer from a nibbler!!!!
  • RandilovestoRun
    RandilovestoRun Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything - except water.
  • pawfectly
    pawfectly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    kpkitten wrote: »
    What do you mean by nibbles?
    If there are sweets or crisps around and you eat a handful through the day, you should try to log it as it can add up quickly. If you mean testing your sauce for dinner or licking the spoon after baking, it's probably not necessary.
    I don't tend to nibble though, I either eat a portion of something or none of it so you might be better taking an answer from a nibbler!!!!

I mostly do fall in the later category so yes, I too don't think its necessary!
  • moabbite
    moabbite Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do. It also helps me because I will avoid nibbling on unhealthy food because I don't even want to bother logging it.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I log everything that goes in my mouth except vitamins/medication including water. If you don't hold yourself accountable it's too easy to continue to "cheat".
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Nibbles still have calories!

We're potty training one of my kids right now and rewarding him with peanut M&Ms. I often have one as well, and at 12-ish calories each 3, 4, 5, 10 insignificant little M&Ms over the course of the day can add up. They all get logged!
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yep! My husband just brought me a sweet pea in the pod from his garden, and I'm gonna log it!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't log nibbles. Not doing so never interfered with my weight loss and hasn't prevented me from successfully maintaining that loss for almost two years. That said, my nibbles are infrequent and if I had had a problem losing I would have either eliminated the nibbles or logged them.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    I do try to log everything, yeah. Even if it's just a "quick add" of what I think is a fair amount of calories. I won't make myself insane searching the data base for a bite or two of food. I throw a few calories onto my diary and move along....

I use a lot of .1 or .2 servings
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    pawfectly wrote: »
    Okay so I don't usually nibble during the day but I have slipt a few times this week so I was wondering if everyone logs their nibbles too? Personally, I do find it a bit irrational to log them but I was wondering about what others think?

Thanks to anyone who answers.

When I wonder why I am no longer making progress, I blame it on the nibbles.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I log everything but the unsweetened tea I drink.