Replies

• kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Drink the Kool-Aid, come to CrossFit.
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Honestly I fell in love with lifting about 2 months ago. I look forward to it every day when I head to the gym!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Spoxing: Spin class boxing. It'll either kill you or make you a beast.

Check it out, its a real thing...
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I know you will laugh and/or roll your eyes, but I do Jazzercise and it is AWESOME, so much fun, such a total body workout and NOT AT ALL what you imagine it to be (most ppl think of the 80s leotards & leg warmers). Super fun music, super cool and very tough choreography, strength training, HIIT, you name it, we've got it.

Find a class: http://www.jazzercise.com/Classes/Our-Classes
  • heatherheyns
    heatherheyns Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Look on Groupon for good prices for lots of local options . There can be boxing, martial arts, dance, all sorts of things you might not have considered. It got me started bouldering and I love it! It's so much fun I am sad I need aso much rest between sessions.

Try some stuff you might never have thought about before!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    have you tried 'sweating to the oldies' with Richard Simmons? There are quite a few full workouts on youtube from back in the 80s and not only are they hilarious and fun, they are actually a really good cardio sequence if you go full out with it.

Thanks for the recommendation- I have it lined up on YouTube for this afternoon.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If you liked TaeBo back in the day, you would definitely enjoy Turbo Jam or TurboFire. I am not affiliated with Beachbody, just enjoy their programs. And you could also look for class versions, I think it is called Turbo Kick in gyms.
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't think anybody has mentioned Zumba yet, so I'll give it a plug. My wife had been doing it for a while, and when I finally tried it I was hooked. Yeah, there's a bit of a learning curve, but once past that it's a good time. YMMV, but at the end of an hour-long class I'm sweating profusely, wondering where the hour went. I'm primarily a runner and I also ride a bike, and I find that Zumba incorporates a lot of side-to-side movement that's absent from what I primarily do. I attribute at least some part of my ability to remain injury-free (as I hurtle towards 50 years old) to doing Zumba. My $.02.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Bellydance!
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Tennis!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Another vote for bike riding. You forget you're exercising when your face hurts from smiling.