Options
Are they any good..
Share recipes here.
I'm always looking for new breakfast ideas

Replies

• geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If you mean adding a mashed banana to regular pancake batter, my family loves them. If you mean those things made with no flour, I have no idea.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    The syrup topping kills me.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yeah I mean eggs and bananas
    What toppings do u put on them?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    2 eggs one 1 1/2 over ripe small to medium bananas a pinch of bicarbonate of soda. Mix well in a food processor till you have a batter.

Make 3 pancakes a time in your frying pan, once they bubble and start getting dry on the top side, turn over.

I have mine with mince meat on the pan and pour the batter over it mmmm

Or served with crispy bacon and a small drizzle of maple syrup.

Also lovely with bacon, eggs and sausages.

I like mine more savoury, unless I make dessert, served with fresh berries and ice cream yum.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    buy Kodiak cakes! DELICIOUS!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I've given up high fructose corn syrup (pancake syrup). And real maple syrup is over $10 a bottle in my area.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I've tried them a couple of times. But I'm not much of a banana fan, and also they tasted like banana flavor scrambled eggs, soooo.....idk. Maybe I haven't found the right recipe.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Are they any good..
    Share recipes here.
    I'm always looking for new breakfast ideas

I love em' add nut butter. :) Check Google for various versions as I've found some pretty awesome ones with some chia seeds, flax seeds (to add some bulk in place of egg etc) and other amazing recipe like this but jazzed up just a wee bit but still just a few ingredients. Oh and check Pintrest too!

Enjoy... & forget the naysayers, likely they might not even have tried them. ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I use kodiak cakes batter...I've been making banana pancakes forever...ever since I had them on the beach in Belize. I just slice up the banana and throw it in the batter. I use butter and maple syrup.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've given up high fructose corn syrup (pancake syrup). And real maple syrup is over $10 a bottle in my area.

try walden farms pancake syrup!
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I just eat them plain. :)
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    My friend likes them with butter and sugar
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes looks interesting; has anyone tried this? One drawback to pancakes is the low protein content and this would solve that problem, with no need to also make eggs or meat with the pancakes. I think Target sells some of their products.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    If you mean those two ingredient banana pancakes (just banana and eggs), I definitely wasn't a fan. Maybe I made them wrong, but I followed the directions (http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-2-ingredient-banana-pancakes-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-218658). It honestly just tastes like scrambled eggs mixed with banana. Not a very good combination lol
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    If you mean those two ingredient banana pancakes (just banana and eggs), I definitely wasn't a fan. Maybe I made them wrong, but I followed the directions (http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-2-ingredient-banana-pancakes-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-218658). It honestly just tastes like scrambled eggs mixed with banana. Not a very good combination lol

I made that and that's what I tasted to put butter on top. It made it ok. But I was not a fan!
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    theamazingcassiebunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @geneticsteacher, I am with @cwolfman13 regarding Kodiak Cakes. They are fluffy and delicious.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I personally had no success with them, they just got a weird texture and honestly weren't even that good (real pancakes are hard to beat). However, I have had success with various protein pancake mixes to use instead such as Kodiak Cakes, Met-RX, Flapjacked, P28 Foods, etc. I'd definitely recommend Kodiak Cakes before the others though since it's probably the most affordable and easiest to obtain brand. The dark chocolate is amazing, crunchy peanut butter didn't do anything for me, and the buttermilk is a classic. Hard to be disappointed!
  • meganlc0
    meganlc0 Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Don't do it! They're pretty gross. However, I love Coconut Flour Pancakes (I sometimes add banana slices while they're cooking-SO good) They have awesome macros and really satisfy my pancake cravings. I use this recipe:

http://blog.paleohacks.com/coconut-flour-pancakes/#
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    2 eggs one 1 1/2 over ripe small to medium bananas a pinch of bicarbonate of soda. Mix well in a food processor till you have a batter.

Make 3 pancakes a time in your frying pan, once they bubble and start getting dry on the top side, turn over.

I have mine with mince meat on the pan
    I was enjoying this until the mince meat which made me gag on my All Bran! Do you mean little bits of beef like you use to make a burger?
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I make mine with one small banana, one egg, one scoop chocolate protein powder and 1/2 tsp baking powder. No it isn't the exact same as a fluffy white flour pancake, but they still taste good and are protein packed. I like them with a small amount of syrup or some sour cream and fruit.