Where do you lose the weight first?

Options
dianamerwin944
dianamerwin944 Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
It seems crazy but since June 20th I've knocked 9.6 lbs out of my 70 lb goal. Clothes feel baggier everywhere, but I don't notice exactly where the weight loss went? All I can see in pictures so far is my arm flab is much more toned, and my neck, to me, looks thinner. Oh, and my tush has completely vacated my pants. I've lost it, I don't know where it went, LOL.

What about you? What do you lose first? Does it annoy you?

Replies

• bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Same thing here for me ;-)

14 lbs less since I started June 20th. Clothes feel loose but have not noticed any significant change!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately there's no way to control exactly where your body burns fat from first. All you can do is strength training to build muscle where you want it, but that won't force fat to be burned from those areas. I've lost 75 pounds so far. For me it was lower abdomen first, then chest/arms. I have dropped four bra band sizes, but the cup size is still the same (yay?). I've still got more fat than I'd like around my upper abdomen and thighs, but I can see my collarbone for the first time I can remember. I never had much of a rear end, and still don't!
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    It depends where I'm at. This first 7lb started on my legs (which had got fat, despite being my typically middle aged apple skinny bit), then I noticed for the last couple that the tyre hanging on top of my hips was less of a handful. Around 10 stone is where my saddlebags appear/go.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My face. It's a very obvious difference just from May 'til today.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    My face first, then my boobs....my belly and butt seem to take the longest :'(
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I don't even know, it seemed to just come off in a layer. I could see it in my legs a bit, and my boobs look different (although I wouldn't really say smaller, just different). When I look at pictures though, I can see that my stomach curves more inwards now on the sides rather than outwards. :smile:
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My boobs
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. The first thing I noticed was my breasts and strangely my fingers.
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    My boobs are always where I lose first and gain last. It's infuriating!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I get leaner in my upper body first and then it trickles on down..
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My face. Especially my neck. When I can see my collarbones come through I think "YAY! look how much weight I'm losing" but in reality it starts there and works its way down. Doesn't seem to get further than my thighs though lol
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm a pro binge eater, inverted triangle shape/apple. the 'girls' never seem to go. tummy, rear first. and my calves, thighs get toned the quickest. upper arms last or never. yes, it's annoying. I'd rather lose it all over, at the same time. down 23 lbs since May 13. 5" off my belly.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I lose weight first in my face and boobs. After losing almost 85 lbs my butt is finally starting to get more flat and not look as fat. My lower body definitely loses fat slower than my upper. I'm your typical pear shape which is why I'm a size 8 jeans at 157 lbs and I'm 5'6".
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I seemed to lose from my abdomen fairly quickly.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Face and stomach and it makes me happy
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Legs first, midsection last. I am not annoyed by the lean legs. I am annoyed, with myself, about the midsection. Big time.
    ik9dn6ani8q7.jpg
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I lose at my natural waist first, then my boobs, then my shoulders...it's a struggle after that with the back of my thights being my last holdout.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I lose from my shoulders, neck, and face first. I've lost almost 60lbs and I swear not an ounce of it has come from my hips/thighs.
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My face and belly are the first to show a change. Since those are the two areas that bother me the most, I'll take it!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I lose weight like an onion loses layers. Layers are thinner in areas with less fat, obviously. But if I plot the loss for each area it's fairly linear over time.