Fat freezing

Options
There is a correct terminology but i can't speak it ha!
So the process where you have a machine with suction cups that freezes your fat which apparently then unfreezes coming out of your body as water in your pee/sweat over a 3 month period. Anyone got opinions/reviewscar on this?

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Are you referring to "cool sculpting"?
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Possibly lol...
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Holy moly. I can't even imagine how this might effect someone with Raynaud's. But... then again... botox is essentially paralyzing yourself. So I guess this makes sense, too.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Is this a thing people do?
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Well I saw it on fbk and just never heard of it. It's available in America and just come to the uk. It's meant to be a process where by fat is frozen then melts leaving your body naturally. Easy right lol!? It's meant to be a 3 month process as in by the end of the 3months your results are measurable but can be noticed as soon as 10 days in.
    Sounds simple...too good to be true....but pretty neat if it works. It's non invasive.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    A friend of a friend had it done here in the US. I was curious b/c they are pushing ads all over the place for it. It freezes the cells, killing them off. It looks like there are targeted areas of your body you can have it done. (Flank, inner and outer thighs, and chin). The fat flushes out over a period of a few months.
    If you gain fat again, it will disperse in other areas and not the areas you had "cool sculpted" away.
    The website said some people sleep through the procedure and you can return to work after.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I read Mama June from Honey BOO Boo show had it done.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    There's that funny phenomenon of when you have certain fat taken from your body, then you get fat, except you don't get fat in that one area, but you're fat all around it.
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Look I'm not niave but at the same time intrigued. I have never done any fad/trend dieting but saw this and wondered if anyone had any experiencesuggestions. Seems like a way to make a quick buck and I'm sure if it was that simple then ithe would be widely available under prescription but still looking for thoughts.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I know a girl who did her jawline to get rid of a small double chin. It worked well. She has a strong jaw now and it looks natural..
  • RDHJane
    RDHJane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had it done. It doesn't actually work! What happens is you have a cloth put over the bit you want freezing ( I had my stomach done - twice ) The technician puts the vacuum cup thingie on the cloth and then it sucks up all your fat into the cup. It then heats it and then cools it to freezing. Then you sweat out or wee out the broken down fat cells. So it can work except but due to legality and insurance reasons (if you have it done in a UK salon) they are unable to take it down to the 'freeziness' it needs to actually kill the cells. I had this conversation with the salon owner when I said the first time didn't show any results at all.