First trimester and nauseous all the time!

Options
2»

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Frozen foods, like yogurt, or smoothies were better for me. At the very least, frozen foods were better coming back up than a warm meal.

I used a anti nausea med that helped a bit. Diclectin I think it was. At the very least I was sick only once or twice a day rather than... more.

Congratulations. I hope the nausea passes soon.

I took diclectin with my second pregnancy. Started it before things got too bad and it worked perfectly although if I did a double dose in the morning I couldn't stay awake. I believe it is called diclegis in the US. Its literally one of the preg-safe antihistamines paired with vitamin b6 in a slow release form so you get continuous benefit. I took it until 16 weeks.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Also, there are things called preggo drops (looks like caugh drops); they really helped my wife with her nausea
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Frozen foods, like yogurt, or smoothies were better for me. At the very least, frozen foods were better coming back up than a warm meal.

I used a anti nausea med that helped a bit. Diclectin I think it was. At the very least I was sick only once or twice a day rather than... more.

Congratulations. I hope the nausea passes soon.

I took diclectin with my second pregnancy. Started it before things got too bad and it worked perfectly although if I did a double dose in the morning I couldn't stay awake. I believe it is called diclegis in the US. Its literally one of the preg-safe antihistamines paired with vitamin b6 in a slow release form so you get continuous benefit. I took it until 16 weeks.

I forgot about the added fatigue from that stuff. Pregnancy nausea is no fun. :(

I got to the point where I could not even look at the toilet or I was heaving. I was conditioned like Pavlov's dogs. One look at a toilet and it was time to be sick. LOL And rice. Yuck. That has got to be the worst thing ever when nauseated. It doesn't come back up well.