Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What type of person annoys you most at the gym?

Replies

• gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    I'm very annoyed by the idiots that take there phones not just to the gym....but they are on a damn machine NOT working out, but texting and taking up the machine! What completely rude *kitten* morons. If your gonna text, go somewhere else please and don't take up a machine. You think you're cool while using your phone in he gym. Nope, you look like an idiot! If you are there to workout, then do so. Working your thumbs is no true workout. :s That's #1 gym pet peeve. Don't let me catch you doing it.

Some people use lifting apps to record their lifts in between sets. How do you know they are texting?
    Also, when lifting heavy is not uncommon to rest for 2-3 mins. What do you care what they do during their rest time?

I have seen them sitting there for 5 or 10 minutes entering something...It doesn't take that long to record their lifts. Also seen them talking on the phone. And taking selfied....I personally don't care what they do during their rest time...just don't take up a machine that someone is waiting to use...That is rude and immature. And then they get upset if you ask them if they are finished. WTF is that about? Just rude, self-centred and immature.
  • dopestcodyforet
    dopestcodyforet Posts: 59 Member
    People who deadlift with their back bent. Kills me.
  • ryanthegreat314
    ryanthegreat314 Posts: 1,394 Member
    People who don't wear deoederant or think it's social hour
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    edited October 2017
    Stinking *kitten* ppl
  • ryanthegreat314
    People who don't grunt loud enough for all of to know they are lifting
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    The creepy guy who just walks around the gym drinking a protein shake but never touches a weight
  • rach6184
    rach6184 Posts: 7 Member
    The person in mirror looking back lol
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    I'm very annoyed by the idiots that take there phones not just to the gym....but they are on a damn machine NOT working out, but texting and taking up the machine! What completely rude *kitten* morons. If your gonna text, go somewhere else please and don't take up a machine. You think you're cool while using your phone in he gym. Nope, you look like an idiot! If you are there to workout, then do so. Working your thumbs is no true workout. :s That's #1 gym pet peeve. Don't let me catch you doing it.

Some people use lifting apps to record their lifts in between sets. How do you know they are texting?
    Also, when lifting heavy is not uncommon to rest for 2-3 mins. What do you care what they do during their rest time?

I log my sets/reps in an app. Easier for me to keep track off.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    1 and 2. I think I'm 14. Lol
  • shoppingmaniac1986
    shoppingmaniac1986 Posts: 465 Member
    The girls that have a full face of makeup and their hair down....
  • People who don’t sanitize the equipment after using it. GROSS!

Also, people who don’t know how to properly dress for the gym and you wind up seeing things you cannot unsee.
  • Kastastrophie
    Kastastrophie Posts: 2,918 Member
    The weight droppers. That *kitten* scares the bejeezus out of me.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    The ones that will come right over to where you're working out and just watch! :confounded:
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Nonstop talkers. I can barely think when huffing and puffing let alone form words.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    The sweaty, stinky, protein fart people (yes that includes females too) Not only do you grunt so loud I can hear it over my music but the wind you rip is gross and seriously turn up in clean gym gear at least.
  • ryanthegreat314
    o48im2fyk3zf.jpg
  • ryanthegreat314
    All of the people...I want the gym to myself

I get to the gym by 4am and am always the only one there. Try going around that time lol
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    True story: I’m doing some cardio on the machines, happen to look over...this dude is on the seated rear delt row, literally reading the entire Sunday paper. He had the unread section on one side and the messy, read side on the other side of him. I guess he was multitasking, although there was no exercising going on.
  • Anybody who stares at me..

“*kitten* you looking at, Patrick”
  • LanceKarcher
    LanceKarcher Posts: 43 Member
    Old man half dressed if that, getting malodorous perspiration all over the equipment. Also with the attitude they look good - strutting around as if posing.