Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What type of person annoys you most at the gym?

Options

Replies

• ryanthegreat314
    ryanthegreat314 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    o48im2fyk3zf.jpg
  • ryanthegreat314
    ryanthegreat314 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    All of the people...I want the gym to myself

I get to the gym by 4am and am always the only one there. Try going around that time lol
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    True story: I’m doing some cardio on the machines, happen to look over...this dude is on the seated rear delt row, literally reading the entire Sunday paper. He had the unread section on one side and the messy, read side on the other side of him. I guess he was multitasking, although there was no exercising going on.
  • KeepingUpWithKarina
    Options
    Anybody who stares at me..

“*kitten* you looking at, Patrick”
  • LanceKarcher
    LanceKarcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Old man half dressed if that, getting malodorous perspiration all over the equipment. Also with the attitude they look good - strutting around as if posing.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I just walk in, do my workout and go. If I chat with anyone, it's the gym owner or work colleagues in between sets while changing plates.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    I try to mind my own business and let people do their own thing but...... 1) people who want to chit chat with me while I'm in the middle of sets. 2) Those who sit on the equipment resting or texting. These things directly have an impact on my workout, which is why they would annoy me.
  • jamesakrobinson
    jamesakrobinson Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    People who try to lay claim to multiple stations at a time by putting a piece of clothing or something on each of several things because they're "super setting" or "circuit training"... I ask "mind if I work in on this?" out of courtesy only. I don't give a crap if you say "I have 10 more sets of 3, you can go next"... guess again Junior.
  • Kastastrophie
    Kastastrophie Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Weight stack slammers - people on the phone not using equipment but hogging up the bench.
  • bigjuicy1234
    bigjuicy1234 Posts: 22,577 Member
    Options
    This girl that jumps rope right in the middle of the free weights area just so she can watch herself in the mirror.
  • FLBlackMax
    FLBlackMax Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    The dude counting his reps outloud.
  • GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym I wouldn't know tbh
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    The ones who don't wipe down the equipment after using it.
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Anyone who hogs several different dumbbells at their bench.
  • Kastastrophie
    Kastastrophie Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    The ones who don't wipe down the equipment after using it.

OMG yes -_-
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    The folks who decide the best place to congregate to shoot the breeze is right next to a machine no one in the group is using or worse someone NOT with the group is using so they either have to endure or abandon the workout. When I get the group next to me, I start singing along to my earphones until they leave, typically works pretty quickly.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    So many complaints,talkers Who get in the way ,guys who use the flat bench as there personal shelf 4 their phone,shorts,drinks & they are no where near that bench