What type of person annoys you most at the gym?

Options

Replies

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Myself
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    Talking while on the machine but not using it
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    The guys who talk too much! I'm always telling them to shut the "F" up so I can focus, and to get off of my equipment!
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    People who wear clothing.
  • holmesj747
    holmesj747 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Kind of a tie between the people talking loudly on their cellphone while on cardio machines and the guys in the locker room who play music on their phones over the gyms speakers.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Those who are grunting but overdoing their grunts!
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    When I'm in the locker room and that old dude with a pair that hangs to the floor walks around naked.
    Dude, please. I could have went all day without seeing your goodies.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    None of those. The only ones that annoy me are the ones who end up dangerous to me or others. Such as people who walk too close to the bar when you are squatting or someone who bumps you while you are lifting.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    The ones that don't talk to me. I'm Chatty. I like making friends
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    The ones who walk up to the rack, pull a set of dumbells and proceed to lift thisclose to the rack, blocking half the weights.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    The ones that stand there and stare when you're using the weights.
  • opheliaphoenix
    opheliaphoenix Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I am so shy and out of shape that I just don't like when anyone looks at me...AT ALL. Haha. Gyms are so awkward for me -- I wish I just had the resources and space for a home gym. I am such a hermit, I swear.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    Options
    I am so shy and out of shape that I just don't like when anyone looks at me...AT ALL. Haha. Gyms are so awkward for me -- I wish I just had the resources and space for a home gym. I am such a hermit, I swear.

That's why I started working out at home ;p
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home, but at a gym, a talker would annoy me the most.
    Long ago, I used to walk and run at a neighborhood park, and there was one guy who, if we happened to be there at the same time, would say hello and proceed to talk for a good five minutes. That's not terribly long, but when I plan to do something for a set period of time, I'd rather not be interrupted.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, so I would have to say my husband when he walks by my workout room and says, "It smells like you are working out hard in here." I decided to take it as a compliment.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I am the grunter, sort of, which is why I'm much more comfortable at home. I actually count/grunt out loud so I don't forget how many reps I've done. I only do a 5x5, but I have a terrible memory.
  • hairqueen101
    hairqueen101 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm very annoyed by the idiots that take there phones not just to the gym....but they are on a damn machine NOT working out, but texting and taking up the machine! What completely rude *kitten* morons. If your gonna text, go somewhere else please and don't take up a machine. You think you're cool while using your phone in he gym. Nope, you look like an idiot! If you are there to workout, then do so. Working your thumbs is no true workout. :s That's #1 gym pet peeve. Don't let me catch you doing it.