Trying to stay positive but can't

2»

Replies

• pefal1
    pefal1 Posts: 43 Member

Yes, I find myself asking my family if they can really see the difference all the time. I can see the number on the scale as well as the change in my clothing sizes but still question it.

I think my first issue is that it's still shaped the same only smaller for now, and also that it hasn't been as difficult as I imagined. I have treats, I have off days and just my talking long walks and being aware of my calories.

Do you have pictures you can keep around from the start? I wish I had taken some.[/quote]

Yes true! I have most good amount for 6 weeks and still have had my iced coffee in the morning :) lol been doing good but have had some chest meals/cheat drinks. Yes i have starting pictures and some side by sides from now and 6'weeks ago
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Yep and I still feel the same way and I'm terrified I'm going to gain the weight back.

• flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    YOUR DOING GREAT! I've loss 62 lbs. ( yeah) but sometimes I get bummed/depressed when I think about the other 110 left I have to lose. I've learned a few tricks to over come those feelings to stay motivated. I try to concentrate on the success so far and not what's left, I think about my ultimate goal is getting and being healthy and not so much about the pounds, I weigh only once a week (it's a head thing), I try to trust how I feel physically and in my clothes and try not to look in the mirrors from the neck down (cuz I tend to only see what's left to lose), and also to trust our MFP friends . Most of them have gone thru or are going thru the same things you will go thru. We are here for each other to succeed.
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    When I get those thoughts (and it's often...anxiety is a *kitten*) I ask myself if I'd say that to my mama or my bestie. Nope. I'd never be that mean to them! So I'm working hard on being nicer to me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,912 Member
    You're relying on how people VIEW you and using that as your gauge for self worth. What you should be doing is working on changing that.
    I obviously work on physical fitness, but it's to how I want to do it. If people don't like the way I look and need to comment on it, then it's their issue not mine.
    If you always worry about what others think about you, you'll pass that behavior onto your girls.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You're relying on how people VIEW you and using that as your gauge for self worth. What you should be doing is working on changing that.
    I obviously work on physical fitness, but it's to how I want to do it. If people don't like the way I look and need to comment on it, then it's their issue not mine.
    If you always worry about what others think about you, you'll pass that behavior onto your girls.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I've had a lot of realistic talks with my daughter about how unhealthy I was, tired all the time, etc.

I have spent my whole life making sure my eating issues aren't passed on to her. I've never "dieted" this is the first time I've actually put an effort forth to lose weight), I've never even owned a scale before now and it's in my bedroom...I've been researching this particular issue for 15 years.

I don't think asking her "does it look different?" is going to affect her sense of self. Be careful how much you infer from a tiny little post on the internet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,912 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    Be careful how much you infer from a tiny little post on the internet.
    OP has referred to her own negative thinking about herself. And this is conversation that I've encountered MANY MANY times in my profession. So I don't see it as being incorrect advice given that it's the same I would give to any other client who felt the same way.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png