Do you do this?

hellonew2015
hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I am perfectly in deficit until 8:30 then binging and hitting maintenance numbers so I am stuck and not loosing! I eat balanced and my macros are on the spot, protein, fat then carbs whatever left but between 8:30pm and 10:30pm, I am finding myself in the kitchen, every day I fail . I do not know how I can stop? I need to lose 10 more pounds...any thoughts?

Replies

• hellonew2015
    I am short and eating at 1300 cals
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Yes, I plan for a small breakfast and lunch, and workout so I can have the size of dinner that satisfies me and a small treat...this is after a lot of experience doing what you're doing.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    I eat that amount too. Try to find a way to distribute your daily calories so you can eat at 8:30. There's nothing wrong with eating at that time.
  • hellonew2015
    My problem that I hit 1300 cals by 8:00 pm and not able to save cals till later"
  • kareeRose
    kareeRose Posts: 32 Member
    Yes, for me I prefer eat break-fast after 12pm so I can have those calories later.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    My problem that I hit 1300 cals by 8:00 pm and not able to save cals till later"
    This happens to me if I eat soon after I wake up. Now I am more on track if I wait several hours before eating my first meal of the day so that I have more calories for the time of day (8pm-12am) when I naturally eat more.

• BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member

This is just a thought no idea if it would work because I don't know your macros. That said could you try a fattier/more protein main course for dinner? Might satiate you better. I kind of get like you at night as well. And this is what works for me is I have some small 100 calorie Microwave popcorn on hand, and some nutritional yeast those things together are a light and good snack. But before I go that way I usually find myself in a quiet moment and I say OUT LOUD to myself my goals and even what I have accomplished I go drink a big glass of water. And just chill for 5-10 mins sometimes that knocks out my craving. If it doesn't and I eat that bag or even 2 bags of popcorn I don't sweat it. In the end the cravings come down to you and your body. So find what works for you, and don't beat yourself up too much. Also 1300 calories seems extreme. Would 1500 still get you to your goal? Might take longer but less mental anguish would be worth it.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member

You could eat a smaller breakfast and lunch (like 300 each) or take a walk if you want more for later in the evening.

An English muffin with 1/4 avocado, an egg and salsa is 300 and very filling and I think an hour long slow walk will give you 150 calories for snacks.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    You may be too aggressive with your weight loss plan. Are you setting up your diet for 2 pound weight loss per week or 1 pound? Or you can try drinking a glass of water...to see if you are really hungry or just having the munchies. I agree with the walk. A little light exercise takes away my need for food (temporarily)>
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Do you exercise at all? I'm asking because eating 1300 calories because you're "short" is not a good enough reason to eat 1300 calories. You would have to be really short or extremely sedentary. I'm 5'3", which is considered short to most, and I can still lose eating 1800 to 1900 calories per day. With 10 pounds to lose, you should only be aiming for half a pound per week, so I'm guessing you're eating more at night because you're overrestricting calories and/or eating too many calorie dense foods within your day that are not satiating you properly.
  • hellonew2015
    Thank you for all these great ideas! This keeps me strong and wanting to overcome this problem. I am 5' 1.5" and I brisk walk / jog 30 minutes 5 days a week. I lost 74lbs so far and it seems hard now to shed more that I am binging, not sure what happened to my discipline. Nothing different that I am doing now then when started my journey. I do eat less during the day to have the majority of cals at night and I am having trouble. I also make sure to eat protein and fat with each meal. I probably should go to bed at 8:30 pm or no snacking right after dinner. My snack is treated like dessert and right after dinner my brain demands to have it, then i am up again at 10 and wanting food.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    edited July 2016
    OP a few questions I didn't see the answers to yet, sorry if they are redundant.

What is your goal rate of loss set to?

How much more weight are you trying to lose? Never mind this one, just saw in your OP that you want to lose 10 more pounds. The answer to the first question is still important because with only 10 lbs to lose your goal should only be set to lose 0.5 lb/week which may give you more calories to work with.

Are you eating back exercise calories?

Also, you keep calling the evening eating a binge, but I'm not sure if that's the right word. Do you just mean that you are eating more than your calorie allotment? How much more, usually?
  • hellonew2015
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP a few questions I didn't see the answers to yet, sorry if they are redundant.

How much more weight are you trying to lose?

Also, you keep calling the evening eating a binge, but I'm not sure if that's the right word. Do you just mean that you are eating more than your calorie allotment? How much more, usually?

1 pound a week and MFP sets me at 1200 but I am eating 1300 cals or I used too but not in the last 2 months which I am up and down Denton binging .. If I set to .5 loss per week MFP puts me at 1450 cals

I eat back some of exercise calories

I want to lose 10 more pounds but I really do not want to wait 5 or 6 months to reach it. I just want to get there within 3 months and enjoy more food at maintenance. I started last May 2015 and I want to get there sooner. I guess I should not be in a hurry but this is how I feel.
  • hellonew2015
    WinoGelato wrote: »

How much more weight are you trying to lose? Never mind this one, just saw in your OP that you want to lose 10 more pounds. The answer to the first question is still important because with only 10 lbs to lose your goal should only be set to lose 0.5 lb/week which may give you more calories to work with.

I eat about 500 cals more
  • lisaseager45
    lisaseager45 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm small on 1200. I eat much less during day but eat well at night and snack staying in my 1200 goal. Some days it's hard but I exercise daily. Even if I change to 0.5 a week it's still 1200. Just keep going xxxive lost 20lb in 3 month. It is getting harder but if u want it you will get it ;-)
  • domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    This doesnt work for alot of ppl actually most...i go to be at 9 (i take something to help me sleep) even if im not tired I will go to bed, I eat supper at 630 and usually fall asleep before I get too hungry then have a big breakfast....but im weird and for most ppl thats wayyy to early