Lower Calorie Hacks...

Options
2»

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Just found La Tortilla Factory flour tortillas 50 cal and their yummy.
  • evilish
    evilish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For Asian soup noodles and stir fry, I actually prefer shirataki yam noodles. I would not use them at all for pasta dishes.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    • Plain nonfat Greek yogurt instead of mayo in things like deviled eggs, or to replace sour cream, or as a base for salad dressing with your favorite herbs/spices. (Use the plain yogurt to mix your own yogurt cups for lower cals/better tastiness/improved nutrition, too.)
    • Thicken 'cream' soups with pureed cooked white beans (adds protein) or pureed cooked cauliflower (roast first for added flavor).
    • You want a little fat with your veggies to improve vitamin utilization, but dress the salad with flavored vinegar & add the fat with something more substantial and taste-treat-y, like a tablespoon of nuts, pepitas, or other seeds, or a bit of avocado, for similar calories with more nutrition/satisfaction.
    • Squeeze some lemon or lime (or flavored vinegar) on cooked veggies instead of adding butter/oil.
    • Use PB2 peanut butter powder with soy sauce to make an Asian-style sauce for veggies, adding whatever seasonings you like (garlic, ginger, chilies - whatever). There are calories involved (45 per serving IIRC for the PB2) but it adds flavor & protein.

Where did you find peanut butter powder? Sounds interesting.

I have a local grocery store that actually started carrying it in their bulk bins. So much cheaper than the jarred name brands.