Milk- Opinions appreciated..

Options
2»

Replies

• zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I keep both almond juice and whole milk in the fridge. I've found that real milk is absolutely necessary for recipes calling for milk. And, nut juices do weird things in coffee, like congeal into blobs on the surface. But I do use the almond juice for smoothies and shakes, and sometimes even on cereal.

Dairy farming was in some ways responsible for our developing the smallpox vaccine, yes?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    tapwaters wrote: »
    Almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, hazelnut milk... no pus, no blood, no bovine growth hormone, and no veal. Get off the dairy, you're not a calf.

Almonds are plant embryos created inside plant ovaries, they are made for plant reproduction. They aren't created for you to happily drink your embryo juice. Get off the nut juices.

OP don't complicate things for yourself. All kinds of milks and drinks are fine unless you are allergic to them. micromanaging the minutia is more harmful than good. Just go for whatever kind of milk you like.

I personally like 2% and whole cow milk, and goat milk.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    tapwaters wrote: »
    Almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, hazelnut milk... no pus, no blood, no bovine growth hormone, and no veal. Get off the dairy, you're not a calf.

I do enjoy a good dose of pseudoscience in the morning. It washes down nicely with 8 ounces of 2%.