Need suggestions!....Tired of Meal Prepping with Chicken!

Options
13»

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    If you're getting tired of chicken, why not try cooking it a different way? I often slice chicken breasts into thin slices, marinate it in an egg/corn starch mix then stir-fry it in a well-seasoned wok with either fresh stir-fry veggies or as part of a low-fat/low-sodium chicken fried rice. The chicken fried rice usually makes enough for 4-6 meals.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    A big pot of veggie chili! Beans beans, tomatoes, carrot, onion, jalapeno, whatever is laying around, lots of chili powder and some of the soy tofu crumble stuff from Boca. If I want it with meat instead, cubed pieces of steak are the only things I'd bother putting in there, hamburger does not add enough taste to make a difference.

It just gets better and better for a few days.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @shinycrazy Sign me up for this one! I need a meatless day and the veggie burger sounds good. So you make your own or is there a ready made brand you can suggest as your healthy favorite? :blush:
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    We have veggie burgers or fish at least once a week. Veggie burgers make for an easy filling meal. I'll cut mine up tonight and eat it on a salad instead of a bun.

You didn't ask me, but I do veggie burgers as well. :) The recipe I always use is from a website called Cooking Whims. You could probably find it easily by Googling: Cooking Whims - Whip it up Wednesday - Chickpea Tahini Patties

(I'd post the actual recipe, but I'm on my phone right now. It's delicious! :))
  • Mom2Frankie
    Mom2Frankie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I make chicken salad and I don't like mayo so I use avocado instead. I also make chicken burgers with lime and chilies in it. It's very good. I also make lettuce wraps with ground chicken.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    For those considering fish:
    Salmon Patties/burgers - I make a big batch and freeze. They also keep 4 days or so in the fridge with no problem. I eat them plain -hot or cold, on sandwiches, crumbled in salad. One of the few ways I've found to batch cook fish.

Sometimes I used canned salmon (it's next to the tuna. You could also make tuna patties.) Add some egg, binder (panko, cracker crumbs, potato flakes if you want it to be GF), finely chopped onion, salt, pepper, and jalapeno. Form into patties and sautee. I've also baked them to experiment with lowering the calories, but they seem to get a little dry that way. I think some people add mayo as well, but I never really have that on hand.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Others have mentioned this, but we make a lot of taco meat (turkey or beef) and eat it with rice, beans, veggies or on taco salad. I also make LOTS of different kinds of meatballs. Italian turkey meatballs over zoodles, asian chicken meatballs over brown rice, lamb greek meatballs with cucumber, tomato and feta salad. If you aren't on pinterest you should check it out, I find a lot of food recipes that way. Lots of blogs post their meal prep pictures and you can find inspiration from them.

ETA: I get a lot of recipes from skinny taste because she puts all the nutritional information on there and it is usually very tasty.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Tired of Meal Prepping with Chicken!....Baked chicken, grilled chicken, boiled, slow cooker, etc! You name it, I have prepared it with chicken as the "star"--headliner! And, eating it everyday for lunch and dinner is becoming boring. lol

What is your "go-to" meal or eats that you like to meal prep to last through the week? Any recipes or recipe websites, you like to follow?!

Any suggestions are appreciated in advance, because this brother needs a life raft quickly...because I'm sinking! :)

-Don

Chicken is pretty gross so I don't blame you lol try using beans like making southwestern black bean bowl with some tricolor peppers in there and cojita cheese or some seitan sauages (30g protein per sausage) with some zoodles and marinara.