Which is better? College football or NFL

Options

Replies

• southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    College football. SEC all day!!!

Hopefully an actual team rather than the entire conference?

I am a VOL until the day I die (even if we suck right now) and my little brother started at Texas A&M and just got drafted.

Love my Vols! I'm hoping we can start finally rebuilding soon!

Nothing beats the sound of Rocky Top coming from a 100k+. The thought almost brings a tear to my eye. The fall Saturdays of my undergrad years were the best!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    NHL

Well, yes, he's right. However, I'm partial to Girls U19 hockey over UHL. I kind of sort of am the mom to one of the State Champs.

But to answer the OP's question, College! Go Irish!!!
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Both have huge plus points, namely the Notre Dame Fighting irish and the San Francisco 49ers. Every other team sucks.

Apparently you didn't watch the 2012 National Championship game. Notre Dame shouldn't have even been there.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • scnurse38
    scnurse38 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    College!! GO *kitten*!!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    College is more pure football..the NFL is a more general entertainment package.

Both have huge plus points, namely the Notre Dame Fighting irish and the San Francisco 49ers. Every other team sucks.

:drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

Apparently you didn't watch the 2012 National Championship game. Notre Dame shouldn't have even been there.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the_sec-real-football-real_girlfriends.jpg
  • nblais06
    nblais06 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    neither nascar!
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    College!! GO *kitten*!!

HeeHee....she said *kitten*! :laugh:
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    neither nascar!

left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn
  • mmrp79
    mmrp79 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Where's Misty???????

I am here!!! LOl

College hands down!!!

48 days away.............GO DAWGS!!!!!!!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

I am a VOL until the day I die (even if we suck right now) and my little brother started at Texas A&M and just got drafted.

Nothing beats the sound of Rocky Top coming from a 100k+. The thought almost brings a tear to my eye. The fall Saturdays of my undergrad years were the best!

It is one of the best traditions in college football....
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

the_sec-real-football-real_girlfriends.jpg

tumblr_mi1n1cm5a51rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Till College football goes to an "real" elimination system to have an undisputed championship, then it's still the NFL for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

NFL by far over college.

if college ever gets a real playoff system it will be a closer contest.

You do know they're switching to a playoff system in 2014 right? Or do you not like the setup?

It's a +1, or 4 team playoff. Not exactly the paragon of systems. Certainly better than what it is now.

The postseason/championship is not only the worst thing about college football, it is the worst thing in any sport.

That said, college football still overcomes it, because it is so good, and people are more emotionally invested in schools that they either went to, or grew up around. So going to the games is just a better, and more fun experience (to me).

But the NFL is set up just about as perfect as a league can be. It has the right amount of games where each game is important, it has parity, and an exciting playoff.

So, to me, the difference between the 2 is like the difference between the teddy bear that you grew up with that is matted and torn a little but it was by your side though all your childhood milestones and a brand new perfect teddy bear
  • DragonSquatter
    Options

It is one of the best traditions in college football....

And now I'm getting all nostalgic for my alma mater... *single tear*
  • DragonSquatter
    Options
    neither nascar!

left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn

The trick to enjoying Nascar is to take a drink every time someone makes a left turn.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    GO COOGS! And TEXANS! Ugh, I'm torn.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say college. Every single game counts, you have to win EVERY TIME, and although a lot of them are playing to get NFL contracts (and most of them are playing to pay for school via scholarships), the majority of college athletes don't go on to play pro. They just seem to play with more heart IMO.

I love NFL, don't get me wrong, but I literally cried watching UT win the National Championship in 2006. And I went to the championship game in 2010 and -again- cried when Colt McCoy got hurt. There's just something about college sports that pulls at my heart a little more!

Except for all the UT mumbo jumbo, I agree... and when a school is your alma mater or in the community... there is a connection there that envokes pride and nostelgia...
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    College ... those men play w heart!! They are trying to make it big, trying to get noticed.. They don't yet have that cockyness of ARRIVED..
  • SaintsFan1975
    Options
    NFL!!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    (unless they are SEC or USC players, then they get all that)

It's good to be the king...

johnny-football-two-girls-bikinis-300x300.jpg

Lol fun fact, Johnny Manziel has a Texas Longhorn tattoo on his ribcage. We may have lost out on him (because we're stupid and wanted to recruit him as a defensive back), but he's got that on him foreverrrr!

funner fact...that was a fake tattoo that he used to troll twitter followers...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/13/johnny-manziel-texas-tattoo-fake-twitter-response/1984761/

It was fake?? I don't follow him on twitter (obviously) I saw like 4 different pics of it, like not all at the same time/same day, never followed up on it though...well in that case, at least he's not a total idiot, he's just a douche lol I will say, from people who know him and his family, that I've heard he's like a major *kitten*, let his newfound fame go to his head. Won't deny the kid is extremely talented though

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me AT ALL... most gaggies are douches (I work for some and our Governor is a great example)... I think they learn it in Freshman Orientation or something.