Food

Options
Should I eat lasagna or brown/white rice?

Lasagna 340 cals
15g fat
8g sat fat
880mg sodium
3g fiber
7g sugars
18 g protein

Rice 205 cals per 1 cup
0.2 g fiber
45 g carbs

No coconut oil to cut fat.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like best/want most right now and/or fits your daily nutritional goals best.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This is a strange question. Lasagna seems like a complete meal to me - better if you throw in a salad, some garlic bread, and a glass of chianti, but a piece of lasagna by itself would make me feel like I ate a meal.

A plain bowl of white/brown rice? Not even close. Where is the protein? Vegetables? Sauce?
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I used to love lasagna. But it's only good homemade. The frozen Stauffers is not good at all...I wouldn't waste any calories on that... So I'd go for the rice with a little butter. By itself though is a little bland.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I'm making a lasagne on Thursday ... and this one will be loaded with veggies and spinach as well as have cheese and beef and sauce and noodles and I can barely wait for my slice!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    I'm making a lasagne on Thursday ... and this one will be loaded with veggies and spinach as well as have cheese and beef and sauce and noodles and I can barely wait for my slice!

Sounds good! Make sure to use the recipe builder, weigh all the ingredients, the the container you cook the lasagna in, as well as the entire lasagna in the dish (then subtract the dish weight) and divide the servings to get the true calories for the serving.
  • kbmh611
    kbmh611 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Lasagna 340 cals
    15g fat
    8g sat fat
    880mg sodium
    3g fiber
    7g sugars
    18 g protein

Rice 205 cals per 1 cup
    0.2 g fiber
    45 g carbs

I don't get these questions. Why are you asking strangers to decide for you what you should eat? One option has more calories then the other. if you have enough calories for the day and like lasagna then eat lasagna. I don't get why anyone would just want to eat a plain bowl of rice. I feel like this is a trolling question or something because the two food choices given are so random. It's like saying, "should I chew on tree bark or eat pizza."

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Didn't have salad at the time and only celery stalk

So go to shop and buy salad...walk there and you get more exercise
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,202 Member
    Options
    kbmh611 wrote: »

Lasagna 340 cals
    15g fat
    8g sat fat
    880mg sodium
    3g fiber
    7g sugars
    18 g protein

Rice 205 cals per 1 cup
    0.2 g fiber
    45 g carbs

I don't get these questions. Why are you asking strangers to decide for you what you should eat? One option has more calories then the other. if you have enough calories for the day and like lasagna then eat lasagna. I don't get why anyone would just want to eat a plain bowl of rice. I feel like this is a trolling question or something because the two food choices given are so random. It's like saying, "should I chew on tree bark or eat pizza."

This is the same person that asked if they should put the slice of cake between two slices of bread so that the fiber from the bread would make the cake more filling.
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    Rice was gonna have tbsp bbq sauce 1 tbsp mayo

Why don't you just add it to your cake sandwich?
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Rice was gonna have tbsp bbq sauce 1 tbsp mayo

giphy.gif

I can't stop laughing. :joy:
  • kbmh611
    kbmh611 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I wish the people monitoring these boards would not allow people to ask ridiculous questions where they are obviously trolling and wasting people's time.
  • Wynterbourne
    edited July 2016
    Options
    kbmh611 wrote: »
    I wish the people monitoring these boards would not allow people to ask ridiculous questions where they are obviously trolling and wasting people's time.

I need to reread the rules. It would be nice if trolling was actually considered abuse and something you could get punished for. There are so many other people here that need actual help and support.

ETA: Oh, lookie. Trolling is a no no. :smile:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Eat your bowl of rice, followed by your ice cream sandwich.. There! Decision made, Enjoy :smiley:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat lasagna.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Eat lasagna.

No, eat the rice :wink: