Plan on eating Subway

Options
hello!

I plan on eating a Subway Italian BMT for Dinner tomorrow.

What is the healthiest and tastiest way to eat this kind of sandwich?

What is your favorite sandwich at Subway and what do you usually add to it?

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I usually get a 6" cold cuts sub on italian herb & cheese bread, with everything but spinach and cucumbers and some southwest chipolte sauce. I like my sandwiches spicy.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I usually get the 6" veggie sub loaded with everything. I skip the cheese because I never notice it. But I add avocado and all the veggies (except olives). My one indulgence is mayo. I skip the oil and have vinegar.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have the club with loads of salad and light mayo, yum!
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I like mine new york style - oil and vinegar - and with some black pepper.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've been trying different things.

Last time, I had the cold cut sandwich on Italian cheese and herbs (will def get this again), some pepper jack, spinach, tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumbers. I usually add bell pepper, but this Subway didn't have much.
  • brewcrew101
    brewcrew101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I usually get their 6" tuna sub. It is delicious!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

I get this with yellow peppers. YUM!
  • wayne206
    wayne206 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I get the Subway oven roasted chicken on italian, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and bell peppers(no dressing). Or the Steak w/ same ingredients. I've been doing this for 7 months. I substitute Whitts barbque Turkey and homemade salads w/ lettuce, tomatoes, raisins, club crackers and fat free french dressing. I can eat this stuff all the time
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    i usually get the 9 grain wheat (6") with either tikka or teriyaki chicken, loads of veggies and a small amount of low fat mayo - full of protein, and one of the lower fat options (it's more tasty than plain turkey/ham/etc)
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    The bmt is my favorite. I get it toasted with white american cheese, lettuce, tomato, peppercinis, jalopenos, olives, spinach i get brown mustard and i do the salt and pepper oil and vinegar no mayo.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I usually get the club with honey mustard, spinach, and tomatoes

Damn, now I want Subway, especially since it's across the parking lot from the gym
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Damn, now I want Subway, especially since it's across the parking lot from the gym
    I didn't eat it for a few years, but now I've had a real hankering for it.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I'm a simple girl. I've either ordered a 6" turkey on white (with the guts ripped out) with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, and a light strip of mustard or a steak on white (same thing) with just some olives and mustard.

These days I'll either just order a tray or two of the grilled chicken strips or a kids size roast beef with some lettuce, olives, and mustard.
  • JanaHullinghorst
    JanaHullinghorst Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My fave is their 6inch chicken breast on flat bread, added spinach, tomato, green peppers, onion, just a tiny bit o' light mayo and salt/pepper!
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    6 inch turkey/ham hold the cheese/mayo. Add lettuce, tomato, spinach, onions, green peppers, banana peppers, and spicy mustard. I eat at least 3 of these a week still losing weight it can be done.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The best way to eat a Subway sandwich is to eat a 6" Subway sandwich. It's not really a sandwich if you omit the bread and not really desirable if you omit the dressings, so just stay within 6" and avoid the chips, cookies, and sugar water.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    hello!

The Italian BMT is my absolute favourite. I won't get anything else. Just eat up to your maintenance for this one day and enjoy it.
  • kbmh611
    kbmh611 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    hello!

Does this mean you have never had it before? I believe it's one of their higher calorie and fat sandwiches. I guess you can make it a little healthier topping it with a load of veggies and getting it on wheat bread. And you probably don't want to add cheese or sauces or mayo if you want it to be healthier. But I don't really know what your goals are so it's kinda a hard question to answer.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

This ... with just about all the veggies and only a little bit of sauce.

The website gives you a nutritional guide so you can decide what will fit within your calories, and experiment with options ... it's interactive.
    https://www.subway.com.au/Menu

Pick tuna, for example ... you'll be taken to the tuna page and there you can choose your salads, cheese, sauces, and bread. In the right sidebar, you can see the calorie and nutrition count and can watch as it changes with your selections.

Note that this is an Australian site ... North American information will likely be different, so if you're in North America, look for the North American subway site.

You will also notice that while the subs are good ... the cookies, on the other hand, are very high in calories. We only get the cookies if we've put in a really good workout ahead of time, and can "afford" them.
    https://www.subway.com.au/menu/cookies