Whole eggs vs egg whites

Options

Replies

• skinny_inside_70
    skinny_inside_70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll eat either. These days I'm not too worried about calories because I'm usually always under. I load egg whites up with spinach, tomatoes, garlic powder and I'll put in a serving of Cabot's 75% fat free cheese. I can usually keep my breakfast between 200-300 cals.
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Both! Mostly egg whites but a hard boiled egg with yolk too
    Add me my diary is open
  • nickkreitzer
    nickkreitzer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am with you amberSpamber.
  • nickkreitzer
    nickkreitzer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied. Your insights and thoughts have helped and will help tremendously in the future. Win the day ladies and gents.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I tend to use both depending on my day and where I have areas that need some extra fats/proteins/etc thrown in. Most often I'll use a whole egg and then two just the egg whites. Sorta solves both, get some fats and nutrition plus some low calorie protein
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Always whole egg. It's where all the nutrition is.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Don't waste egg parts, jeez. Eggs are one of the best things you could eat. I'd absorb them through my skin if I could. I'd sit in a vat of eggs and "feed".

Actually, there are lots of ways you can use eggs for body and skin care products, so you can absorb them through your skin as well as your digestive system.

http://www.youbeauty.com/beauty/eggs-diy-beauty-recipes/

I second the notion of not wasting egg parts. Throwing away all those nutritious yolks? No way! I do a veggie egg scramble several times a week with 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites because it fits my macros better, but I don't waste anything. Cook up the extra yolks and keep in my fridge as a topping for my dogs kibble, just a little bit each meal = nice shiny coats for my fur babies!
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I eat whole eggs. 1) I don't like to waste food. 2) I have had low cholesterol (both HDL and LDL) for years, and trying to raise it in a healthy way is difficult, so I think whole eggs help with that.
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I usually split the eggs as I crack them and give the whiter parts to my wife who is worried about high cholesterol.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have 3 egg omelettes every other day for either breakfast or dinner, no adverse effects. I welcome the fats and protein. very filling.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole egg just because I can't bring myself to waste the yolk. In fact, many of the eggs I eat are double yolks because my hens lay about 2-3 double yolk eggs a week.
  • delicaterealms
    delicaterealms Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i eat both
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If I need lean protein on its own, I eat the whites. If I need more fats, I eat the whole egg.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I use the whole egg when I eat eggs.
    I don't love eggs and the white part is my least favorite part. It is easier to have the whole egg. The yolk is nutritious.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I eat whole egg to honor the chicken that made the sacrifice. ;)
  • MyWeigh58
    MyWeigh58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I usually have a whole egg with added egg whites. I keep a big supply of boiled eggs in the fridge, and use them in multiple ways. One of my favorite meals... 1 whole boiled egg, 2 boiled egg whites, a pack of wholly guacamole, and mash together.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I buy carton egg whites so I don't feel like I'm being wasteful. I eat both whole eggs and whites, though. I like boiled whole eggs and make my omelets with a whole egg and a lot of whites.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like both. I tend to eat whole eggs at home but go for egg whites when I'm eating out. It's not a hard rule or anything; it's just what I end up doing.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm wasting eggs if I take out the yolk
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Whole egg is fine, egg white is fine. All depends on the individual. Goals, preferences and genetics.