The Big Dairy Debate

Options
124»

Replies

• forlaura
    forlaura Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @paperpudding
    Hi... Thanks for the feedback... No, plain, low fat milk does not have added sugars, they have their own natural milk sugars...my concern with that is in regards to keeping my carb/sugars (natural not added) at a moderate level and making choices based on that, so I would rather have some berries or other fruit as my choice, I would have to say. Funny how this whole thing got started: I was reading conflicting journal articles on dairy and its affect on blood glucose. Anyway, have a great night... :)
  • forlaura
    Options
    @amusedmonkey
    I agree with you, not the stuff of the devil... I would rather have less full fat yogurt than the low fat. I actually tested my blood sugar to see what the effects were when I ate 2% milk and 2% yogurt and it did elevate the numbers, more than acceptable, so I just assume not have it and stick to what my body is processing more effectively. Granted, we are all unique and what's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander. Thanks for your input and have a good night... :)
  • forlaura
    Options
    @BinaryPulsar
    Hahaha, yup, it's me... Happy to hear you are on your way to better understanding and how to deal with everything. I know it gets frustrating figuring out what works and what doesn't but time will heal all that too. Much luck to you and have a good night... :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    tlc010283 wrote: »
    Dairy will keep you from your goals. Way too much sugar
    Nope nope nope. Sugar doesn't prevent weight loss. I've lost 90lbs eating lots of dairy. And sugar.
    Calories are king.