Blood tests

Options
13»

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is see your doctor. You can ask other people, but not being doctors and not knowing you or your medical history we'd only be guessing the same as you are.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Tl;dr. Has anyone suggested talking to the doctor yet?
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Tl;dr. Has anyone suggested talking to the doctor yet?

EVERYONE........
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    actually I've been searching on the internet and apparently the normal creatinine levels for an adult male is between 97 and 137, mine was 114, why did the doctors say this was high? they said normal was 97-110 but internet sources suggest the latter number should be higher for normal

Idk about your doctor, but mine mean "high" as in "high for what you usually have". 114 may be "high" for what your doctor normally sees with you. As an example, my BP was "normal" while I lived in the U.S. because it was consistently in a similar range (avg 135/89), so "normal" for me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    IBS can (and usually does) cause malabsorption. My guess is that your kidneys are processing way more of the 210g of protein that you eat daily than your body is using for repair and that borderline means you're having a problem clearing all of the creatinine you're ingesting.
    I have had this problem due to Celiac disease and I work for a multispecialty medical practice that includes gastroenterology, so my guess is fairly well-educated.
    If you are taking a pre-workout that contains creatine, stop until you discuss it with your doctor. I use coffee pre-workout, but there are lots of PWO mixes out there that don't have creatine in them.

Good luck!!
  • callumwalker1995
    callumwalker1995 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    IBS can (and usually does) cause malabsorption. My guess is that your kidneys are processing way more of the 210g of protein that you eat daily than your body is using for repair and that borderline means you're having a problem clearing all of the creatinine you're ingesting.
    I have had this problem due to Celiac disease and I work for a multispecialty medical practice that includes gastroenterology, so my guess is fairly well-educated.
    If you are taking a pre-workout that contains creatine, stop until you discuss it with your doctor. I use coffee pre-workout, but there are lots of PWO mixes out there that don't have creatine in them.

Good luck!!

I don't take creatine and never have

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Your body produces creatine daily and a creatinine is a waste product filtered by the kidneys. So you'll have creatinine in any case.

http://www.medicinenet.com/creatinine_blood_test/article.htm
  • powertx
    powertx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best way to measure kidney function is calculating your EGFR. You use your weight, race, creatinine blood level in the formula. If eGFR is under 60, then kidney function is comprised.
    Here is the formula
    https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-communication-programs/nkdep/lab-evaluation/gfr-calculators/adults-conventional-unit/Pages/adults-conventional-unit.aspx

You can find out what your creatinine blood level is by getting a cheap CMP panel
    http://www.discountedlabs.com/cmp-comprehensive-metabolic-panel-includes-liver-and-kidney-function-glucose-and-electrolytes/

They require no prescription or doctor visit.

I hope this helps!