Halo Top iced cream

Options

Replies

• nnwojnar
    nnwojnar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The lemon cake and chocolate mocha are my favorites! Lemon cake tastes like a lemon shaved ice, chocolate mocha tastes like a frozen coffee treat. I eat Halo Top all of the time if I am craving ice cream (regular ice cream makes me sick). One serving is definitely enough to fill me up/satisfy my craving. I will sometimes have chocolate cookie thins in the house and I will crumble those on top of the chocolate mocha - it is amazing! Also a scoop of the chocolate mocha in a whey protein smoothie with a banana is delicious as well.

I have tried AZ cookie dough, and honestly, I prefer Halo Top. It doesn't taste as artificial as AZ in my opinion.

They carry Halo Top at Wegmans, if any of you have one in your area.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    nnwojnar wrote: »
    The lemon cake and chocolate mocha are my favorites! Lemon cake tastes like a lemon shaved ice, chocolate mocha tastes like a frozen coffee treat. I eat Halo Top all of the time if I am craving ice cream (regular ice cream makes me sick). One serving is definitely enough to fill me up/satisfy my craving. I will sometimes have chocolate cookie thins in the house and I will crumble those on top of the chocolate mocha - it is amazing! Also a scoop of the chocolate mocha in a whey protein smoothie with a banana is delicious as well.

I have tried AZ cookie dough, and honestly, I prefer Halo Top. It doesn't taste as artificial as AZ in my opinion.

They carry Halo Top at Wegmans, if any of you have one in your area.

Yeah I got it at Wegmans. It was cheaper than Whole Foods and they actually had some in stock (WF never does).
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this! I was telling my roommate yesterday how badly I've been craving an ice cream sundae...
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yeah what's up with the amount of ice cream in the container? Even when you pick up a pint you can feel that it's not really full.

Halo Top Chocolate was my snack this afternoon. Right when I opened it to soften up, this is what it looked like.

kbd9bvb2unr7.jpg

By gram weight, I had 260 grams rather than the 284 grams it's supposed to contain. 220 calories for the pint instead of 240.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Yeah what's up with the amount of ice cream in the container? Even when you pick up a pint you can feel that it's not really full.

Halo Top Chocolate was my snack this afternoon. Right when I opened it to soften up, this is what it looked like.

kbd9bvb2unr7.jpg

By gram weight, I had 260 grams rather than the 284 grams it's supposed to contain. 220 calories for the pint instead of 240.

20 cal difference. I think it's just the way the stuff melts. That's like a spoonful.
  • Maxematics
    Options

kbd9bvb2unr7.jpg

20 cal difference. I think it's just the way the stuff melts. That's like a spoonful.

Yeah, it's not too bad at all. It looks weird, but by gram weight it checks out. However, I'm pretty sure the maximum allowable amount the gram weight can be off for a container of something where the total gram weight is in the upper 200s is 14.5g. That would mean that by USDA Regulations Halo Top could be fined, especially since it's under the listed weight instead of over. However, I noticed Halo Top has a listing for mL on the lid, but not the servings, so maybe they adhere to the guidelines for volume.
  • Maxematics
    Options

kbd9bvb2unr7.jpg

$0.23 cents per gram as opposed to $0.21. Halo Top is ripping us off. Still love it.

$0.23 per gram? Lol. That would make a pint of Halo Top $65.32. Most of us love Halo Top, but I would hope nobody loves it that much.

Anyway, I don't mind the slight shortage of gram weight. I was simply addressing the actual weight difference in comparison to the 75% full look/feel of the product. They do have to adhere to regulations, but it illustrates the production issues they claimed to be having which could also explain why some people got a pint that tasted off once but fine the next.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I've had AZ and it tastes as sad as cauliflower donuts sound. Is HT actually worth it? With those macros it's tempting, but . . . well, disappointment seems to be the usual result from these type of suggestions.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I've had AZ and it tastes as sad as cauliflower donuts sound. Is HT actually worth it? With those macros it's tempting, but . . . well, disappointment seems to be the usual result from these type of suggestions.

It is a lot better. It's not really on the same page. If you don't have poverty macros and can fit in normal ice cream, I don't see the need to eat it really.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options

It is a lot better. It's not really on the same page. If you don't have poverty macros and can fit in normal ice cream, I don't see the need to eat it really.

Thank you for that very honest answer! I may try it anyway but it's good to be forewarned.
  • arditarose
    Options

Thank you for that very honest answer! I may try it anyway but it's good to be forewarned.

It's not going to make you gag, I will stand by that.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options

Gotcha. Noting the phrase "poverty macros" for future use
  • arditarose
    Options

I may have spent some time on the bb.com forums lol
  • sunnybeaches105
    edited July 2016
    Options

I may have spent some time on the bb.com forums lol

I believe I'm up to three different profiles on there (one for each of my rage quit profiles on here) and I still have never ventured into those forums other than to lurk. One set of bizzaro is plenty
  • tysonn88rosen
    tysonn88rosen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ohhh halo top is the isht
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Shop Rite is selling it now! But they only had the 4 boring flavors I don't care for. Of course. And no price tag so I didn't bother.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    So I went to Whole Foods today and bought the mint chip and chocolate ones, and it's way better than Arctic Zero! So much more like actual ice cream. I put it in one of those 10 calorie ice cream cones so I don't eat the entire pint lol

i need to find a 10 calorie ice cream cone