vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Chipotle's Barbacoa Salad:
    bed of shredded Romaine lettuce
    Fajita veggies (peppers and onions)
    Barbacoa beef
    Mild salsa
    Guacamole

I have taken several of these home and deconstructed them and weighed each component, and then used Chipotle's own nutritional data from their website, along with corroboration from several nutrition databases, and on average, they are 510 calories. Fits my plan just right...
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Wendy's Mediterranean power salad. That or a bowl of chili.

At Taco Bell I like the crunch wrap supreme (500 cals)

I have to stay away from McDonald's because their fries are a huge weakness but if I had to eat there, I really like the fruit and yogurt parfait (150 cals) and a cheeseburger.

Subway I usually do a 6 inch veggie sub with tons of veggies and Swiss cheese, heavy yellow mustard and I add avocado. But I'm usually hungry immediately after eating subway so it's not my favorite.

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I love taco bell as my fast food healthier option. You can order anything that may or may not be on the menu, they call it fresco. A couple of chicken soft tacos and an unsweetened tea and I'm good to go with a bare 300 calories.

https://www.tacobell.com/food/nutrition/info
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    illyich wrote: »
    Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, use only 1 packet of dressing. It's about 2 months worth of sodium but it's so goooooooooood. Don't want a salad? Get a large chili and dump it on a plain baked potato.

This was my go to.
    bethannien wrote: »
    [b[I LOVE the Wendy's Mediterranean power salad[/b]. That or a bowl of chili.

At Taco Bell I like the crunch wrap supreme (500 cals)

I have to stay away from McDonald's because their fries are a huge weakness but if I had to eat there, I really like the fruit and yogurt parfait (150 cals) and a cheeseburger.

Subway I usually do a 6 inch veggie sub with tons of veggies and Swiss cheese, heavy yellow mustard and I add avocado. But I'm usually hungry immediately after eating subway so it's not my favorite.

Until this came out.
    These are both my go to. I'll do chili too. I don't have a lot of the options others have mentioned here. Basically, McDonald's, Subway, Burger King or Wendy's.
    If I'm on the other side of town I have the Taco Bell option but also the Pita Pit, which wins hands down. That would be my #1 go to but it isn't always convenient. Wendy's is.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,930 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Around 450 as the target?
    McDonald's sausage mcmuffin or egg mcmuffin with extra egg for breakfast. McDouble plus an extra patty for lunch/dinner
    Tim Horton's large Chilli. you may have to skip the bun to stay in calories.
    Wendy's: Mediterranean power salad, or a large chilli and baked potato.

However, depending on what else I am doing I might consider just grabbing an ice cream cone and a large coffee with milk. This becomes a ~250 Cal deal and might hold you off for a few hours.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Baja Fresh (my favorite fast-food go to for healthier choices)- Chile Lime Shrimp Salad OR two cripsy wahoo tacos OR the Ultimo Burrito bare style (on top of lettuce instead of in a tortilla)
    Del Taco- 2 regular crunchy tacos OR chicken soft tacos
    El Pollo Loco- rotisserie chicken OR BRC burrito
    McDonalds- grilled chicken wrap
    Wendys- chili or entree salad (or chili with a side salad)
    In N' Out- This is the one place I will not sacrifice anything at, lol! (I eat here less than once a year). I go for the full-on cheeseburger with animal style fries.
    Jack in the Box- 2 tacos OR the chicken fajita pita

Editing to add: Greek salad with gyro meat. The place I go to isn't a chain but I'm sure any fast-food Greek place would have that as an option.
  • RaeYballe
    RaeYballe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd have to go KFC drive-thru. I like their grilled chicken with unsweetened iced tea and a small coleslaw (hold the biscuit).

If McD's I'll ask for a quarter pounder (not the meal) with cheese, extra tomato and lettuce. Unsweetened tea. And I don't eat the top bun.

My doctor has me on a high protein diet and I have to limit carbs to under 100g of total carbs daily.