TMI question for the ladies only

Options
2»

Replies

• Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else lost a substantial amount of weight and had major changes in your menstruation? 52 lbs. ago I hardly had any cramping at all and sometimes even skipped a month. I know this was because my body was so high in fat percentage. Now I am finding as I'm losing weight I am in so much more pain. Coincidence or is there a medical reason for it?

Only times I know that a cycle could be changing is either pregnancy (stops entirely for nine months), stress (gets weird), or menopause (stops entirely). Nothing from weight gain or loss.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    In Soviet Russia, period afraid of you.

tumblr_mcfi1eRwRf1rwel18o1_500.jpg

HA! that almost made me shoot my tampon OUT!
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options

I also exercise regularly 7 days a week and my diet is very clean now. I had a baby 7 months ago, maybe it's something to do with that. Guess it's time to head to the doctor grrrrrr

I think having a baby changes the body all together. Every time you have a child it seems to mess with your cycle and through my experience my cramps have changed too. Before children they were horrible, after my first they lightened up and I didn't need meds, after my second..... cramps? whats that? :laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Other way around here. Cramps are lighter and my period is much lighter overall.