Options
13»

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    is it generational thing? is monty python fun to people over 45 and not so funny to people under 45?

because everyone else has copied the jokes to the point they became obvious, cliche or overused

don't know - but I'm 31 and adore it - sometimes watching too many skits at once becomes a bit OTT for me. But I still love all their stuff. Just not for binge watching as much.
    But I can watch dead parrot on repeat!

maybe I just havent watched the right bits.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    is it generational thing? is monty python fun to people over 45 and not so funny to people under 45?

because everyone else has copied the jokes to the point they became obvious, cliche or overused

don't know - but I'm 31 and adore it - sometimes watching too many skits at once becomes a bit OTT for me. But I still love all their stuff. Just not for binge watching as much.
    But I can watch dead parrot on repeat!

maybe I just havent watched the right bits.

or it's not your style of humour. No bad thing - sometimes they do get shouty and cringy. Those are the bits I skip sometimes.
    But you should go watch all of it - just to be sure :p
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuTb6vyAd0UDdjCOGqIqf9oMhHsGrO6UMjRDX6iCTkKYGTqClC
    not-dead-yet.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqsev8K_PDab3L4YgYtoJ5_CmGNwWFfE6PvOSjn5BqXy2_kvLx

edit to add the follow-up frames
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Love the Ministry of Silly Walks skit and the Upper Class Twit Olympics
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
    Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Dennis: Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

I'm 55 and I can't stand it. I like other British comedy, some of which was influenced by it, but Monty Python leaves me absolutely cold.