Great post :)
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I am moderately in.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    ...I don't know about any of you guys but I was NEVER taught moderation. I was brought up to 'clean' my plate...Pretty much I was taught to get it now because if you wait then you won't get any...Now I am having to re-train myself.

"Clean your plate" syndrome. A lot of us grew up with this mentality, and are paying the prize (or should I say, penalty) now!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    ...I don't know about any of you guys but I was NEVER taught moderation. I was brought up to 'clean' my plate...Pretty much I was taught to get it now because if you wait then you won't get any...Now I am having to re-train myself.

"Clean your plate" syndrome. A lot of us grew up with this mentality, and are paying the prize (or should I say, penalty) now!
    Yep, sometimes we have to unlearn or relearn things that were taught wrong or left out in our childhood.

I've been pleasantly surprised to see the number of people who responded that they were taking the bull by the horns instead of just whining that life can sometimes be challenging.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Huh, the picture in the OP is working again. Finally.