Sports Bra for Big Boobs??

Since I started working out, I have broken four really expensive bras that were supposedly made for big girls. They all have the metal clip thing on the shoulder strap and that is what broke.

I am looking for a sports bra that will hold these puppies up. They seem to do more jumping jacks than I do! I was measured to be 40 D. I am looking for something that is one single piece, nothing held by clips or plastic rings as they will break. I like the bra to be tight because my boobs are so heavy and the bras with clips break after being tightened so much.

Any ideas? Besides a couple of rolls of duct tape? :)

Replies

• Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    PS: I live in Canada and I don't shop online so it has to be from a store we have here. Sears, Walmart, The Bay. I don't know where else you would get a bra.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I know that the most popular on here is the Moving Comfort Fiona. People have had wonderful results with that and rave about them all the time. So that would be the first one that I would try out. I really wanted it to work, but for me, I've had better luck with Champion bras. I'm a 34DD and have a very short torso and those ones just work better for me. They're both around the same price ($50), but they are high quality. You will want to go and try them on. Unless you are 100% sure on your size, go and get fitted!
  • Lochlyn_D
    I know that the most popular on here is the Moving Comfort Fiona. People have had wonderful results with that and rave about them all the time. So that would be the first one that I would try out. I really wanted it to work, but for me, I've had better luck with Champion bras. I'm a 34DD and have a very short torso and those ones just work better for me. They're both around the same price ($50), but they are high quality. You will want to go and try them on. Unless you are 100% sure on your size, go and get fitted!

Thanks I will check into those brands!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Sportchek!
  • i have heard body armour offers good sports bra support....as well as try Lulu lemon (they have some great quality) stuff too.
  • mkrnyc8
    mkrnyc8 Posts: 1
    Forever21 regular or plus you would be surprised at the quality
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Forever21 regular or plus you would be surprised at the quality

yup good choice also!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Sportchek!

Oh reallY? I think we have one here, if not, there should be one close by. Thanks!
  • shelleymann4241
    shelleymann4241 Posts: 1 Member
    First post on here but a subject really important to me since I am a 36 j....I really love my Freya Active sports bras. They are underwire for the most support and are the only sports bras that have worked for me! Get from a quality department store and many will alter when they get a bit loose around the middle. I get mine at Nordstroms or Intimacy in the states.

Shelley
  • Lochlyn_D
    First post on here but a subject really important to me since I am a 36 j....I really love my Freya Active sports bras. They are underwire for the most support and are the only sports bras that have worked for me! Get from a quality department store and many will alter when they get a bit loose around the middle. I get mine at Nordstroms or Intimacy in the states.

Shelley
    Too bad we don't have those stores here. :( Thanks anyway
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    I love the champion bras from Target. They offer ample support and are inexpensive.
  • Lochlyn_D
    I love the champion bras from Target. They offer ample support and are inexpensive.

I think that's what I'll get. They have one at Sears that has no metal on the straps.
  • pbsue
    pbsue Posts: 12
    My favorite is a Champion PowerBack. I bought one at a outlet store and then after I knew I liked it, I bought a couple more at the best price I could find on the internet.

You can find reviews on the internet. One I read was by an aerobics instructor who likes the style, but said that when she is really sweaty, she has to have help getting out of it. I'd say it is not easy to get in and out of, but I've never needed help.

Another review said they run large in sizing. I bought a larger cup size than usual, so for me, they run a little small.

I wash in a front load washer in a lingerie bag and air dry. The dryer kills elastic. They are wearing well.

It does the job.
  • Lochlyn_D
    My favorite is a Champion PowerBack. I bought one at a outlet store and then after I knew I liked it, I bought a couple more at the best price I could find on the internet.

You can find reviews on the internet. One I read was by an aerobics instructor who likes the style, but said that when she is really sweaty, she has to have help getting out of it. I'd say it is not easy to get in and out of, but I've never needed help.

Another review said they run large in sizing. I bought a larger cup size than usual, so for me, they run a little small.

I wash in a front load washer in a lingerie bag and air dry. The dryer kills elastic. They are wearing well.

It does the job.

Thanks for the tips/
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    I've been on the hunt for a decent sports bra for years. Can't seem to find ones that are supportive enough and last.
  • yoyoma3
    yoyoma3 Posts: 15
    Champion from Target. Having been a DD when I started this, I feel your pain. I ended up wearing two at once. Worked wonders. Good luck! :happy:
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    If you have a Fleet Feet store in your area they carry some nice fuller figure sports bras. Enell had come up multiple times in previous posts and this is the one I went with. Good luck
  • 1Shellybe
    1Shellybe Posts: 6 Member
    too bad you can't shop on-line... Enell is the best sports bra I've ever used... it was suggested on an Oprah show years ago. I couldn't enjoy Zumba class without it!
  • Can i just tell you the glory that is Old Navy Active Wear? I hate all their other clothes, but their workout gear is amazing! It's always a good deal, the sports bras keep things in place, the pants make your butt look amazing, and all around its just surprising how this ****ty mass marketed chain that has such ill fitting sportswear could get it so right with their workout clothes!
  • mama_katz
    mama_katz Posts: 8
    Elomi Energise!

You can do a search for a store near you that carries them. http://www.elomilingerie.com/store_locator.aspx