Sports Bra for Big Boobs??

Options

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber and Panache are two of my favourite sports bra brands. I use both at a 32F (down from a 34F then a 32FF) and can run and dance without any issues.
  • jewel22887
    jewel22887 Posts: 72
    Options
    I have never worn a sports bra that did an ounce of good I find a regular bra that keeps the girls where they are supposed to be with wide straps and light padding and a full coverage cup I am a 38G and found it works just fine. Clinique bras from Lanebryant are fantastic.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am a 38 DD. I love the Champion Double Dry - I've had two for over a year now and have not broken the clips - though I have had that problem with other bras. I just bought the Champion PowerBack, and it is wrestling match to get into & out of - also does not provide as much support as the double dry. The plus to the PowerBack is that it is a racer-back and I can, for the first time in my entire life, wear a tank for working out instead of a t-shirt. I have tried wearing two of the stretchy type sports bras as others have said, but it really hurts my shoulders & I get headaches.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    <---shamelessly promoting the brand I work for!!!

If you have a VS near you, go and get measured there. The "sister size" for a 40D is a 38DD, and our sports bras are suuuper supportive, moisture wicking, breathable, nice thick, attached straps, and they go up to a 38DD. We have a 2 for $49.50 sale going on right now, if you're interested :flowerforyou:

ETA: I recommend The Player :)
  • digressions
    digressions Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions so far! Since you're in Canada, you could also try Mark's Work Warehouse. Their own brand (Denver Hayes, I believe) is not very expensive but goes to pretty big sizes compared to other stores, plus they go on sale for $16.99 fairly often. No metal or plastic fasteners in the straps, all one piece with metal hooks in the back that are quite durable compared to others I have tried, way better than sports bras I'd bought at the Running Room for 5x the price! You might have to struggle to "adjust" yourself a bit while putting it on, but once it's on it's quite comfortable and extremely supportive. Since I discovered these I have not worn anything else. Good luck!
  • ohnstadk
    ohnstadk Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    daskin now brand (spelling might be off, but its awesome)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

If you have a VS near you, go and get measured there. The "sister size" for a 40D is a 38DD, and our sports bras are suuuper supportive, moisture wicking, breathable, nice thick, attached straps, and they go up to a 38DD. We have a 2 for $49.50 sale going on right now, if you're interested :flowerforyou:

The bras there don't work for me at all. The straps are so long that even when adjusted my boobs are sagging. Omg. But the workout pants there.... They make my butt amazing! The knockout crop. Love them.

I like Moving Comfort Fiona and Under Armor. Champion does absolutely nothing for me personally though.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I can't help with brand but I do know that for anything over C cups you should be wearing two sports bras.

The first one is the cupped sports bra that lifts/separates
    The one you wear on top of that is a compression bra

Then said puppies should stay in line.

Try here: http://www.herroom.com/full-figure-(dd-),sports,bras,66,50,001,25.html

This one has compression but not the divided cups:

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens/apparel/sports-bras/high-impact

This site seems to offer both (but not many choices):
    http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/view-all-bras/sports-bras/4043c4044c775/index.cat

this site has some (mostly compression) and it doesn't offer by cup size:

http://gearup.active.com/Event.aspx?l=00010959131200000000&a=071113_Salomon-BraTops&jb=n&cid=LLS1868&uid=2899851

Another site (not sure how good it is):

http://www.athleta.com/products/high-impact-sports-bra.jsp

Good luck!
  • keekee66
    keekee66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The only Bra I can wear is Goddess Sports Bra 5056 I'm a 40G n this bra supports me so good!!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

The bras there don't work for me at all. The straps are so long that even when adjusted my boobs are sagging. Omg. But the workout pants there.... They make my butt amazing! The knockout crop. Love them.

I like Moving Comfort Fiona and Under Armor. Champion does absolutely nothing for me personally though.

Really? Well, can't please everyone! Haha. I agree though, the Knockout Crop is amazing, so many people wear them to work (the girls that work in VSX anyway) and I would be lying if I said I didn't notice how great their butts look >.> You should try the Supermodel Pant!
  • grannynickel
    grannynickel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Moving Comfort Juno. One piece; racer back; 3-hook closure in the back. Fit is snug and secure and it will keep the girls from doing the unwanted happy dance. Look at a good quality sports or running store. Good luck.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have an adidas one I like pretty well, and I am about a 42 D-DD (depending on the bra).
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump~
  • Mellzicious
    Options
    32F here... for me, Panache is the best all around. Holds them still, comfortable too and not hideously ugly.
    If you are really serious about them not moving, then Freya. That bra is like boobie armor. But it's a bit uncomfortable for my taste.
    For me, Shock Absorber doesn't have enough support.
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 DD and i tried several brands and wearing two of them before finding one I liked. I ended up liking a NIKE with lots of support. (razor back with adjustable strap)

The "girls" move very little now and I love that!

Good Luck finding one that works for you.
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have Title 9 brick & mortar stores in Canada, but if you do, check out The Frog Bra. It doesn't have any hooks or sliders, it is f-ugly for real, but the girls won't be budging even a quarter inch. Or millimeter I guess, since you're in Canada. It's like exercising without boobs.
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I highly recomend the Panache Full-Busted Underwire Sport Bra #5021. It is available in a large size range with back band sizes of 28-40, and cup sizes of D-H (U.K. cup sizing). The under wires are encased in a foam so they don't dig in, and the moulded cups really keep things on lock-down! The back clasp has three rows and three columns of hooks. The straps are adjustable and can be hooked together in the middle to make a racer back. It also comes in a bunch of colors. I paid about $70 USD but the investment is worth it! I can run without any pain in my GG's.
  • BritneyGross
    Options
    Under Armor sports bras are magic! :)
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    First post on here but a subject really important to me since I am a 36 j....I really love my Freya Active sports bras. They are underwire for the most support and are the only sports bras that have worked for me! Get from a quality department store and many will alter when they get a bit loose around the middle. I get mine at Nordstroms or Intimacy in the states.

Shelley

I know this was for the OP... but THANKS!! I thought I was out of luck being an I cup and all...

I third this suggestion! I have had fantastic support from Freya brand sports bras. And they make all the weird, hard to find sizes. Im a 32E and LOVE the Freya brand (and also Chantelle but not for sports :D).