Post your daily exercise

Options

Replies

• alymarest
    alymarest Posts: 115
    Options
    today I jumped on the trampoline but I could only do it for 7 min. I loved jumping it made me feel like a kid again so i hope to build up to 30 min.
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    MWF 8 am to 9:00 30 minutes on 6 weight machines, 3 sets, 15 reps, 30 minutes treadmill, light uphill, 4 kph.

MWF 4:30 - 5:30 pm - swim 1 mile

Tues. 6 - 7 am Swim 1 mile

Tues. 5:30 - 6:30 pm swim 1 mile

Saturday - Afternoon swim 1 mile

Sunday - rest (but busy with my work)

I am going to ask my trainer about breaking things up in the gym a bit. I have been lifting the same things, just slightly increasing the weight for 6 weeks.
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oops, the Thursday workout is the same as Tuesday.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was all about housework & cooking.

Today:
    20 minutes jogging in place
    3 sets of 20 crunches
    100 jumping jacks
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    What I did to motivate myself is started a walking club. We walk twice a week as a group. We started this group with the parents of the children in my husbands Jiu Jitsu school. Instead of them coming and dropping of their children and going home and then coming back, they come for a 75 minute walk with me. It keeps me company and those of us with dogs bring them too. We call ourselves the "Starlight Walking club" cut eh. I feel much more motivated when I with others then trying to exercise alone.
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    That was supposed to read "cute eh" not "cut eh". We all walk at a very brisk pace, some are able to walk much faster then others so we have sort of broke up into groups. I then try to do the same 75 minute walk on my own so I'm doing it three times a week. They say walking is one of the best forms of exercise and I have noticed the difference in myself physically and mentally. It seems like it really helps with stress and tension. When walking alone I put on my mp3, I just hope the neighbours don't mind cause I sometimes forget where I am and sing along and trust me you don't realize how loud you are singing sometimes........ooops! Sorry neighbours LOL.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I agree with you about walking.
    I love to walk in the mornings either alone or with the baby & hubby.

It gives me so much energy and it gets me in a good mood.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, house cleaning and gardening for a total of 5 hours. Yikes, my buns are sore today.

Today, hiking in fairly rolling terrain for 70 minutes with my doggy.

For those of you who walk/run outside with headphones, PLEASE BE CAREFUL - especially if you are on roads or even pathways!!!!! Make sure you have the volume turned down enough so that you are aware of your surroundings.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike at level 5 for 30 minutes
    Weights 3 sets of 12, 6 different exercises
    Ab tape, 10 minutes
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    20 minutes jogging in place
    3 sets of 30 crunches
    2 hours in the kitchen cooking & baking
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    1 hour of gardening and planting bulbs
    700 jumps
    5 sets of 20 reps weights
    90 arm dips
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    This will really help hold me accountable, thanks for starting this! Today is a biggie, because my local gym occasionally does special classes and today is one of those days.

45 minutes Spinning class
    45 minutes Strength and Endurance class (step aerobics + free weights)

This is a good day for it because we are going out to dinner with friends, so it will give me a cushion - "just in case"...
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! I think I've been slacking off looking at this! Just doing my 30 - 45 minute walk with the dog everyday and some stretching and when I feel like it, dancing around to music.
  • time2wrk
    Options
    Today: 1/2 hour spinning class
    plus a 30-minute "Abs and glutes" class

The rest of the day will be spent reading the paper... :-)
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    An hour walk with my ghouls & maybe 7 minute jog until my oldest kissed the ground... she's ok though!!!

It's is freakishly warm out today!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, a 2 hour hike up a mountain and went behind a waterfall, it was so beautiful. Today 1 1/2 hour kick boxing. Now I'll go do some housework, I've been playing too much.
  • time2wrk
    Options
    You lucky gals who get to be outdoors still! I am in Western Washington, it has been cold and crummy. It is supposed to get better tomorrow, hopefully I can do something outside of the gym and get some fresh air. :-)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,085 Member
    Options
    Hey, time2wrk,

I'm in Bothell - "atherol" is from the Olympia area. Where are you? It's not raining or cold here.....at the moment >>wink<<.

~Cheryl
  • time2wrk
    Options
    I'm in Maple Valley. Tomorrow is supposed to give us some sunbreaks, and I live near a lake with a trail. It was too scary with the wind a couple of days ago (trees fall down all the time on that trail), but they aren't predicting any big winds this week. You never know around here, though, we tend to get windy when nobody else does since we are in the foothills.

I am going to for sure get out and rake my front yard, what a mess! Did you lose power the other day? We lost it for only about 5 hours, so not too bad. Glad to know there are folks from my corner of the world on the site! :-)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,085 Member
    Options
    time2wrk

We lost power for less than an hour. We did lose an 80 foot Cottonwood, though.

After last year....I'm heading to a hotel after the first two-hour power-out!

Cheryl