Epic- cheatmeals/re-feeds and how often :)

Options

Replies

• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I am convinced. This is a weight loss site. Not a fitness site at all, the lack of basic building blocks is astounding.

yep... based on my avatar I have no concern for fitness. You are right.

was 351 and now 175 about 8% bf. carbs are not the enemy
  • jdm_taco
    Options
    go ahead. lift and gulp down your shakes, time your meals and eat brwn rice and chicken breast for your gains. Its all you need to get swole right? gimme a break.

My diet looks nothing like that hahaha....

you could be eating ramen noodles and tuna, same ****

You could if you want. I don't understand what you're getting at?

I'm saying all that trash about post workout insulin spike , 6 meals a day, meal timing. really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

awesome...couldn't agree more
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    go ahead. lift and gulp down your shakes, time your meals and eat brwn rice and chicken breast for your gains. Its all you need to get swole right? gimme a break.

I'm saying all that trash about post workout insulin spike , 6 meals a day, meal timing. really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
    calries in vs calories out, 6 meals a day never worked for me I eat twice a day maybe 3 and all carbs are taken pre and post..
    I guess it doesnt matter entirely
    what im getting at is the same way your body is clamoring for water after playing 3 on 3 full court basketball for 2 hours straight..******IT is MY beleif that your body is screaming for quick nutrition to respond to that nasty leg workout*** that is all.
    It is also my preference to eat pizza and burritos to supplement that caloric expendature
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I refeed once a week. Normal deficit is 20% below TDEE and refeeds are 10% above, almost all carbs for refeed. Rest of the week is carb cycling.

Currently 12 weeks out from my second bodybuilding competition.
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    I am convinced. This is a weight loss site. Not a fitness site at all, the lack of basic building blocks is astounding.

carbs are the enemy when you are a meso-endo on a cut.. Im currently 224 @ 14% bf I find this to be to light as i was 236 11% last year this time .. When im not cutting 360 grams carbs is ideal for now until mid august, 60 grams 4days 180 for 2 and re- feed on sundays..(Its what works for me).
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

calries in vs calories out, 6 meals a day never worked for me I eat twice a day maybe 3 and all carbs are taken pre and post..
    I guess it doesnt matter entirely
    what im getting at is the same way your body is clamoring for water after playing 3 on 3 full court basketball for 2 hours straight..******IT is MY beleif that your body is screaming for quick nutrition to respond to that nasty leg workout*** that is all.
    It is also my preference to eat pizza and burritos to supplement that caloric expendature

Eating an 1k calories over your maintenance on a consistent basis level isn't going to deliver any more muscle gain than eating 300 calories over your maintenance on a consistent basis. Oh wait, just extra stored fat.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

carbs are the enemy when you are a meso-endo on a cut.. Im currently 224 @ 14% bf I find this to be to light as i was 236 11% last year this time .. When im not cutting 360 grams carbs is ideal for now until mid august, 60 grams 4days 180 for 2 and re- feed on sundays..(Its what works for me).

Oh lawd... now we're talking about somatotypes...
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    I refeed once a week. Normal deficit is 20% below TDEE and refeeds are 10% above, almost all carbs for refeed. Rest of the week is carb cycling.

There is a GOD!
    finaly someone who knows what im talking about.
    Do you follow this on off season too?
  • ohhhjadeee
    Options
    Isn't it clear that everyone is different, everyone wants something different and everyone finds their own way?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    In for broscience vs results.

I second the in...!
  • jdm_taco
    Options
    no, they are not the enemy
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    carbs are the enemy when you are a meso-endo on a cut..

Oh yes. Please, keep going.
  • usmcmp
    Options

There is a GOD!
    finaly someone who knows what im talking about.
    Do you follow this on off season too?

No.
  • usmcmp
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

the carbs killed Kenny! They must be evil, *kitten*...
  • jdm_taco
    Options

I'm dying over here. hahahaha
  • jaycbadass
    Options

Oh lawd... now we're talking about somatotypes...

yes I tend to lose fat slower than others but packing on muscle is very easy. I understand you cant categorize this whole world into 3 body types, but the genetic structure describing them is what descrbes me...

Listen man you obvi. got your **** working for you, ( you should consider hopping on stage)the only thing you lack is some lower lat thickness IMO
    other than that your physique is pristine. People like me, well I like to watch the world burn while eating pizza after my leg sessions..
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

If you look really closely at a carb under a microscope, they have terrible combover bangs and little mustaches.

True story.
  • usmcmp
    Options

If you look really closely at a carb under a microscope, they have terrible combover bangs and little mustaches.

True story.

I thought they carried machetes and dressed like Ted Nugent.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Sea salt caramels and cannolis are carbs, right? Because my birthday is tomorrow and I am going to workout till I pass out in the morning and then eat lots of caramels and cannolis. Maybe a side of toffee bark, and some slow metabolizing carbs like chocolate chip ice cream......:heart: