Epic- cheatmeals/re-feeds and how often :)

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    carbs are the enemy when you are a meso-endo on a cut..

Oh yes. Please, keep going.

the carbs killed Kenny! They must be evil, *kitten*...

If you look really closely at a carb under a microscope, they have terrible combover bangs and little mustaches.

True story.

carbs sent my grandparents to the Gulag....
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options

If you look really closely at a carb under a microscope, they have terrible combover bangs and little mustaches.

True story.
    No they are dressed like chipotle workers who say moar salsa senyor?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

True story.

I thought they carried machetes and dressed like Ted Nugent.

Oh, could be. I haven't read enough bb.com articles lately to keep up on the latest.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I am convinced. This is a weight loss site. Not a fitness site at all, the lack of basic building blocks is astounding.

yep... based on my avatar I have no concern for fitness. You are right.

was 351 and now 175 about 8% bf. carbs are not the enemy
    carbs are the enemy when you are a meso-endo on a cut.. Im currently 224 @ 14% bf I find this to be to light as i was 236 11% last year this time .. When im not cutting 360 grams carbs is ideal for now until mid august, 60 grams 4days 180 for 2 and re- feed on sundays..(Its what works for me).

Oh lawd... now we're talking about somatotypes...

yes I tend to lose fat slower than others but packing on muscle is very easy. I understand you cant categorize this whole world into 3 body types, but the genetic structure describing them is what descrbes me...

Listen man you obvi. got your **** working for you, ( you should consider hopping on stage)the only thing you lack is some lower lat thickness IMO
    other than that your physique is pristine. People like me, well I like to watch the world burn while eating pizza after my leg sessions..

And that's fine, but it isn't going to automatically make you anabolic lol.
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    I am convinced. This is a weight loss site. Not a fitness site at all, the lack of basic building blocks is astounding.

yep... based on my avatar I have no concern for fitness. You are right.

was 351 and now 175 about 8% bf. carbs are not the enemy
    carbs are the enemy when you are a meso-endo on a cut.. Im currently 224 @ 14% bf I find this to be to light as i was 236 11% last year this time .. When im not cutting 360 grams carbs is ideal for now until mid august, 60 grams 4days 180 for 2 and re- feed on sundays..(Its what works for me).

Oh lawd... now we're talking about somatotypes...

yes I tend to lose fat slower than others but packing on muscle is very easy. I understand you cant categorize this whole world into 3 body types, but the genetic structure describing them is what descrbes me...

Listen man you obvi. got your **** working for you, ( you should consider hopping on stage)the only thing you lack is some lower lat thickness IMO
    other than that your physique is pristine. People like me, well I like to watch the world burn while eating pizza after my leg sessions..

And that's fine, but it isn't going to automatically make you anabolic lol.

lol well I will continue to do so as long as dominos pizza remain conveniently located next to my gym.
    .Mind to muscle to Gut conection :D Wheres Dom Mazetti when you need him
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Not competing, but thank you, kindly. What you suggest for that lower lat thickness, bat man?
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Not competing, but thank you, kindly. What you suggest for that lower lat thickness, bat man?

Sqwatz bro, it increases testosterone production!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Not just squats. Heavy squats. Heavy deadlifts. Heavy compounds increase test production.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Not just squats. Heavy squats. Heavy deadlifts. Heavy compounds increase test production.

wut?! you mean I've been limiting myself with my 50+ rep range mind muscle connection tempo squats?
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Been doing cyclical ketogenic diet for almost 5 months now. Started at 10.2% bf and now at 5.7% ...

Weekly/bi-weekly refeeds looked like this:

AbdRoSoLfQJEzKlikaXqKojUBNkVrkPyisIO-610xh.jpg

1372451149878.jpg

I eat almost 1,000g of Carbs on refeed days. Still seeing results... Strength going up at gym, gaining lean muscle... No complaints here...
  • jaycbadass
    Options
    Been doing cyclical ketogenic diet for almost 5 months now. Started at 10.2% bf and now at 5.7% ...

Weekly/bi-weekly refeeds looked like this:

AbdRoSoLfQJEzKlikaXqKojUBNkVrkPyisIO-610xh.jpg

1372451149878.jpg

I eat almost 1,000g of Carbs on refeed days. Still seeing results... Strength going up at gym, gaining lean muscle... No complaints here...
    Thats awesome bro, not sure if people will agree with you here even if you are getting results. But 1000g is a HELL of a re-feed.lol My refeeds are tiny compared to yours. congrats on 5% man, I dont think ill ever go that low for too many reasons, but im aiming for 8-10% im at 14% now
  • jaycbadass
    Options

Ask Kai Greene, although he came in second in 2012 mr olympia I am pretty sure he has NO CLUE what hes doing.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options
    Not here to flame about what diet types works best or whatever... Just answering your question. Reason being that not all diets will work for everyone. People have to find what works best for them. Genetics and goals are the biggest factor to consider.

Never started keto to lose weight. Just wanted to see what the diet lifestyle was like. So far its given me the best results so far. If eating Carbs, but at a calorie deficit/surplus works for others then I see no problems.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I refeed on about 420 grams carbs, I lower my fats the day before so I can eat more with my refeeds. One refeed per week.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    Options

Thats awesome bro, not sure if people will agree with you here even if you are getting results. But 1000g is a HELL of a re-feed.lol My refeeds are tiny compared to yours. congrats on 5% man, I dont think ill ever go that low for too many reasons, but im aiming for 8-10% im at 14% now

The lower your bf% is the more Carbs your body can handle during refeeds.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    i don't do any of those. I'm on the site to lose weight...not gain it
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

Ask Kai Greene, although he came in second in 2012 mr olympia I am pretty sure he has NO CLUE what hes doing.

b7apa9.jpg
  • jdm_taco
    Options

wut?! you mean I've been limiting myself with my 50+ rep range mind muscle connection tempo squats?

jesus, why did I ever leave this forum. hahahaha

I don't even discuss this stuff with the DAs I know because its like politics or religion
  • jdm_taco
    Options

explain... I don't understand

I have loose skin round sides from being so overweight so my waist is bit smaller than it appears. Back is my favorite to work. You seem to know everything, so please enlighten me
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Because nothing you quoted from bodybuilding.com really matters... Eat your food, hit your macros, and progressively overload. Stop majoring in the minors.

This.... It sums everything up!