Dream body/dream weight

Options

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited April 2
    Options
    As odd as it sounds, the body type /look I really want to achieve is pretty much a female version of Jeffrey Donovan's TV character Michael Westen, or of Aussie actor and cyclist Nathan Page. Lean but strong, a little wiry, with muscle built from hard yakka and life rather than a gym.

Can't post photos right now from my mobile but will put some up tomorrow.

This is not at all odd and I love this. I've been reading this thread just to see how other people imagine themselves, but haven't been able to really relate to many of the dream bodies that other women here have. Even though I'm 5'3" and a woman, my dream body is the character Testament from Guilty Gear even though he is 6 feet tall and a man, though I suppose he can be seen as more androgynous than anything.

[Image removed by MFP Staff]
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    n9e8d3opwyhv.jpg

You wanna look like DLB!? That's awesome.

Heck yes!

She is too extreme for my personal taste but I love her and like to look at her because I understand the hard work and dedication she has. Well...I don't understand it really lol. I admire it.
  • 5K85
    5K85 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Dream body scandalous in a bikini/or really nice abs 0ivy7mlo91bk.jpg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    nat8199 wrote: »
    Shakira has my dream body. I am so close! (I have to ignore the hot ladies with boobs, because that just isn't going to happen for me.)

h0bhyq0rnask.jpg

I'm going to sound like a weeny for saying this, and I'll blame the beer if I'm asked, but women worry way to damned much about their tits. Get your body into shape and no matter what nature gave you you will have your fans. Just be the best you.

That's not weeny. It's the truth! The beer just helped you to be blunt about it! :smile: Oberon for me currently!

I guess we do care a lot about our tits. I certainly do. I'm pretty small. Could be worse though but I know that some shirts just look awkward when you don't have much in the boob department. On the flip side, some shirts won't fit properly on a well endowed woman!

Truth. I'd love to wear some loose fitting halter style shirts but they just hang off the girls and do an impression of a moomoo hiding the shape I have. There are pluses and drawbacks to every breast size/shape.
  • emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Dream body would honestly be something smaller than what my actual body is capable of to be healthy, however my realistic dream body would be toned, muscle, flat stomach, you know the works. I would just look forward to doing my hair and make up and shopping. Going on runs and hikes easier. Being more comfortable at the beach. over all feeling better. I'm close, not there yet.
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My dream body is somewhere between Adrianne Palicki (but quite a bit shorter) and Katee Sackhoff

I have bigger hips than Adrianne, but don't think I'll quite manage as muscular legs as Katee has...

'ae83ry3mr75e.jpg

mrg0lfdib2ah.jpg
  • arditarose
    Options
    It's very interesting to see what other women dream/want to look like. I really can't pick a person. I've thought about it...I think it's because I'm so used to my own body. There are a few female powerlifters out there who manage to be very strong, but still relatively lean. That's the goal I guess. Yeah I'd love to be tiny and lean as crap, but I couldn't do my sport then...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It is interesting to me that people think about having bodies like other specific people. It's never crossed my mind to do that. I am not saying that in an I'm-feeling-superior sense. It just never occurred to me to do that.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    It is interesting to me that people think about having bodies like other specific people. It's never crossed my mind to do that. I am not saying that in an I'm-feeling-superior sense. It just never occurred to me to do that.

We all know the question is not a realistic one. I know I could never look like my "dream" body which would be close to how Christie Brinkley looked back in her prime. If the question was, "How would you like to fine tune your own body?", then I would say lose an inch or so off the abdomen and be healthy and vibrant.

https://goo.gl/images/jl2ISN
  • arditarose
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

We all know the question is not a realistic one. I know I could never look like my "dream" body which would be close to how Christie Brinkley looked back in her prime. If the question was, "How would you like to fine tune your own body?", then I would say lose an inch or so off the abdomen and be healthy and vibrant.

https://goo.gl/images/jl2ISN

I think @jemhh and I both realize this. We are saying we don't even have anyone in mind, because it never crossed our mind to pick a dream body, a body of another woman.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.

6f2b3f73089348d279ede50fdceb5498.jpg
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I never really gave it much thought but I guess I always wanted to be "lean and toned." But I'm short, so the long, lean look is never going to happen--who knew? :wink:

But I'm pretty damn happy at how far I've come. Not only do I fit in my clothes better (initial goal when I started), but I am functionally fit and strong. That is really awesome.

It's trite, but be your best you!
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm really not sure. I've liked a lot of the fitness pictures people have put up. But I don't want particularly defined abs or arm muscles. I wouldn't mind a little definition, but I don't want anything that looks really quite defined.

A lot of the pictures I looked I know wouldn't be attainable for me, particularly the thighs. Even when I was underweight I carried a lot of weight and mass in my thighs (probably because I'm so short it's not very proportionate). But I do want a perkier and rounder bum. At the moment despite being 21 it's kind of saggy :/ never used to be. But entirely my fault for gaining weight. I'm working on it.

I liked this picture someone else put up the most:

a3jqyRv_700b.jpg

So I guess that, except my thighs would be bulkier (not by choice).

• SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I'd not thought of it before either to be honest.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    These two are definitely "dreams", since I don't really have the underlying shape to achieve them, but I still love their figures regardless! It would be awesome to look like either - I love Dita's curves and Fifties style, but I also love Lucy's bada$$ look. :)

Dita Von Teese (caution if Googling, she's a burlesque performer):

q35kilfa1458.jpg

Lucy Lawless as Xena, Warrior Princess:

5nkbvb6glo5v.jpg

• Pattycake755
    Pattycake755 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My dream body is also my own body 20 years ago. I did not appreciate the body I had back then. Now after two babies and 130+ pounds packed into my chest and mid-section, now that I am losing weight, I am worried about sagging loose skin. My boobs are freakishly large so I am not worried about losing some of them. I have never been a "Flat Pat." I have lost almost 60lbs since March 2015 (40lbs of the 60 since I joined MFP), but I am worried that I won't look good naked when I reach my goal weight.

My dream is to be healthy, look good in my clothes, and wear scandalously sexy lingerie for my hubby. (I remember the days and the nights. :) ) I am so looking forward to shopping for my final wardrobe and lingerie!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Okay fine, I'd take Dita Von Teese's boobs. Love her lingerie.