Dream body/dream weight

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Her body reminds me of yours. Arms tho...no gains.
    So pretty much me then?? Have you seen my arms? hahaha :D jks, I am getting there!! :p
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Her body reminds me of yours. Arms tho...no gains.
    So pretty much me then?? Have you seen my arms? hahaha :D jks, I am getting there!! :p

Shhhh!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about it much either, but I know I'd be perfectly happy without an extremely low body fat percentage or well defined muscles. Hrrmmm.... Oh, I know.

Salma Hayek.

qsqg3x9oh88n.png
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Gabrielle Reece - I looked a lot like her (not this uber-fit though) in college when I was swimming and lifting

rte6vkxcf82x.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,980 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    It is interesting to me that people think about having bodies like other specific people. It's never crossed my mind to do that. I am not saying that in an I'm-feeling-superior sense. It just never occurred to me to do that.

We all know the question is not a realistic one. I know I could never look like my "dream" body which would be close to how Christie Brinkley looked back in her prime. If the question was, "How would you like to fine tune your own body?", then I would say lose an inch or so off the abdomen and be healthy and vibrant.

https://goo.gl/images/jl2ISN

I think @jemhh and I both realize this. We are saying we don't even have anyone in mind, because it never crossed our mind to pick a dream body, a body of another woman.

I have had an image in mind since I was body-building in my early 20s. Not of another woman ... of me. Of a me that is much more muscular. Of course, back in my early 20s, I was more muscular. :grin: And then I got into cycling and let the body-building slide ... but that didn't stop me from wishing I were more muscular. It's just difficult to balance the two sports.

When I read this thread, I thought I would have a look at the women currently in body-building to find one who looked something like the image I have in my head. I don't want to look like her, I want to look like me ... but a me with about that muscle development. :)
  • AussiePeach
    AussiePeach Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Agent Carter for the win!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Gabrielle Reece - I looked a lot like her (not this uber-fit though) in college when I was swimming and lifting

rte6vkxcf82x.jpg

I think I like this photo even better than the one I previously picked. This model looks sleek and fit. This physique would take a lot of working out to achieve.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Her main career was as a volleyball player, so yeah.
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    wow, probably me from about 20 years ago. ive always had a bit of a belly, but i was happy with my size then. either that or me from 6 years ago, but considering i'd been in hospital and the weight loss was anything but healthy (i looked awful) but i was at my perfect weight.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm about 10 pounds from my goal weight. Can't describe my ideal body type, but I'll know it when I see it.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Her main career was as a volleyball player, so yeah.

Yeah. I'd never get to look like that in this lifetime.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'3, so me neither!

Anyway, I don't really have any aspirations based on other people's bodies, although I find I am more apt to notice bodies I like on other women now that I'm focusing on fitness myself (they are quite varied).

I do rather like rainbowbow's choices.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,442 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know, earlier in the thread I said I was pretty contented these days being me. Then I saw this photo of Meghan Musnicki. Dang.

musnicki03.jpg
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This is something I have been feeling a little bit down about lately. My "dream" body is not exactly the most conventionally attractive. It's my body, the way it was before I lost weight. It just felt more "mine". The body that I remember in all of my adventures. And then I saw this and thought.. not bad. I could get used to that. I have a similar figure, with a bit more pronounced hourglass. If when I lose more weight I look something close to that, I would be totally cool with it.

d3m8itzg65ye.jpg

I have the same body type as her too. Love her! I don't care for muscular looks so I'm slowly learning to like my curves.

I too have a similar body type as in this pic... my dream body is pretty much this hourglass look and I am very close to getting it back after many years.
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I want my body 8 years ago. I am down to my goal weight, give or take a few lbs but I still have a wobbly tummy. My legs and arms are exactly where I want them to be but I'm really struggling with this gut!! :(
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Mine would be close if I cut another 5-10 and my kids hadn't obliterated my stomach skin with stretch marks

qvkny5pdbwne.jpg
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ay8emw8_700b.jpg

*looks at own bouncing belly*
    Maybe in a few years...
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    phrunch wrote: »
    f9m0o2cfeh0a.jpg

Christmas Abbott, man. I want to look smokin' and push around some tires.

Thank you so much for posting this. Not being a crossfitter I wasn't familiar with her - looking at pics and stats she and I are the exact same height and a very similar body type (me being the 'way, way, way before' in the before and afters!). First time I've ever really envisaged what it might be possible to aim for with my body with a mountain of effort. Now I have leg goals :)
  • TheHungryHorsie
    TheHungryHorsie Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Dream body goals
    One day I'll get there...

Simeon Panda
    5gmjiefly5pp.jpg
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Dream body goals
    One day I'll get there...

Simeon Panda
    5gmjiefly5pp.jpg

you'll just need that prime genetics + HGH cocktail he's got going.