Beautiful Blues 6/30/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge33.JPG

Welcome everyone to a new week! We can make this week even better than the one before so lets get started!

I have been lax in the logging of foods and exercising of late. So this week I am committing to at least 3 exercise sessions. I am going to start logging foods again when I get a laptop--My husband has one ordered for me. Going to the basement back room to log and change my foods just hasn't worked--even when I planned it ahead. So once I have the laptop I will plan out my next day's food and the day of, adjusting as needed. Without having to go to the basement :wink: I am also working out a reward system for myself. I am thinking I will reward myself with quarters in a jar, everytime I exercise and log my foods and lose weight--They look more impressive than dollars and are definitely more plentiful around our house. :smile:

What are your plans to make things work for you. Do you have motivational quotes on your mirror? :laugh: Do you have a plan? Are you finding what foods work for you? Let me know what is working and what isn't...I need input!

Also it has been suggested that we move our weigh in from Monday to Friday. What are your thoughts on this? My monday weigh in is usually not as good...It seems that we had it on Wednesday or Thursday before the challenge... Lets vote for the day we want to weigh in on!

Lets make this day the best we can!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have been wayyy off track this past week and need to change this week. I have new goals for this week I will be getting up early to walk with my aunty at 5:15am AND continue gardening in the evening.

I think changing our weigh ins to Friday is a GREAT idea mostly because I don't have internet at home and I can't really log in on the weekends so Monday I'm usually frazzled.

Best wishes for the week all!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It does not make a difference to me which day we weigh in. I'm pretty flexible.

My goals for this week are to try and bike more often, drink more water on the weekends (seeing as that's where I'm lacking), and to try and get more wii fit in. Looking towards hopefully doing the one hill that I can't make it to the top yet :D.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Of course I think Friday is better.
    IMO.
    Weigh in Friday -
    You have a good weigh in. We can go into the weekend feeling we had a great week and don't screw up the weekend,
    End of the week if you had a bad weigh in, you know you should be good on the weekend to carry through next week.
    Monday weigh in.
    Blah because we were all bad somewhat on weekend, (no exercise, not enough water, wrong foods, over/under calories)
    LOL :drinker::drinker::laugh:

I've still been fighting the motivation thing. I think one reason is because I haven't seen the scale going down, if anything up, down, then up , and then down.

Two things that have happened. I previously had gotten down to 34" pants, but as you ladies know, different companies and their sizes aren't the same.
    So I had a pair of 34" that I bought, but they were just too tight still. Where as two other pairs of 34" I could wear comfortably.

Last week my HRM went to 00 a few times. :smile::smile::laugh: Well I know what that means. Wooo Hoo, I lost a 1/2-1 inch in my chest area, tighten up the ole HRM.
    Well today, I pulled out those pair of 34" pants. They are going into the daily wardrobe as of today!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Ready to take on the week! :flowerforyou:

On another post we have a lose 5 pounds a month challenge. So I weighed in today because it's the last day of the month. I didn't lose 5 pounds, I didn't lose 10 pounds, I didn't lose 15 pounds... I lost 16.5 pounds!!

Please hold while I toot my horn....TTTTTOOOOOOOOOTTTTT TTTTOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!

Have a happy day! July here I come!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Deb - hope the new laptop comes sooooooon! I hate being without my convenient technology! :wink: Sorry I didn't weigh-in this week. I have been bouncing back and forth between 221, 220 and 219. BUT ... I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 218.5 - so I'm hoping to lose some more by Saturday!! On the Monday weigh-ins ... I actually weigh-in every Saturday and use that weight as my Monday weigh-in (when I remember!), so any day is fine for me. :flowerforyou:

I will write more later!! I need to start doing this again! I am logging my foods and exercise, but things have gotten really busy at work (one of my co-workers moved away) and I haven't had so much free time. :smile:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Randi on the grand slam!! Way to knock it out of the park!! Toot away, girl!! You deserve it!! :drinker:

So awesome to see you back Rach & tearin it up!! You rock!! :wink:

Great job, Leigh! It's nice to see you as well!!! :happy:

Peter, great job on those pants!! Keep up the good work!:happy:
    :happy:
    I like Peter's points about the Friday weigh in taking you through the weekend with the hopes of keeping strong & keeping it going! I weigh myself everyday & my weight is always better by Thursday & Friday, so I'm game!

Deb, will we re-weigh in this coming Friday then, if that's what we decide?

Everyone - have a great rest of the day! :flowerforyou:
  • OnMyWeigh
    Options
    Oh yeah, forgot to vote. I had already made the commitment to myself for Fridays and no others... yikes, that's gonna be hard, so my vote is FRIDAY!

Thanks Sandy! I'm feeling good!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Friday weigh ins here we come!! I am heading out of town on Saturday and won't be back until next Friday--so we might as well wait until next Friday to weigh in again. That way we can have even more progress!! I am planning a healthy active vacation--hiking, exercise classes, planned meals with vegies and fruit. I plan to come back feeling envigorated in many ways!

Congrats Peter on the inches lost! Randi you deserve every bit of tooting you can get!!

Leigh I am hoping for the laptop soon too! I really really hope it is here by the time I am back from vacation so that I can start fresh that next week! My current computer is slow and keeps trying to die on me which is annoying to the nth degree!

Let's bring it!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Friday is fine with me. Here's hoping for a good week!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    hey all,

I got P90X shoulders and arms, ab ripper, and ran outside with baby jogger for 45 minutes.

Good night all!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Can I join this thread? A great friend (thanks Randi:wink: )directed me to this thread and it sound motivational.

Here is some information about me..
    female, age 31, weigh in @ 203..hoping to get to ONEderland soon.

I will check back later...I have to go get dressed so I take my 4y/o to the dentist.
  • msh0530
    Options
    First, before I forget, Welcome to Positively Me! Just jump right in with us!
    Now, what I came on here to tell you. Today is going to be a great day! Why, you might ask? Well, calm down and let me tell you! First I get up planning to go out and mow, which is fairly exciting, because our riding mower is finally working! Before I head out, I call my Mom on the new phone that I got yesterday, and find out she gets to go home from rehab today!!! She only had to stay two weeks instead of the 30-60 days that they predicted! She says that they still make her walk with the walker, but she is sure that she can walk with her cane again. She can't wait to get out of "jail". Thanks for all of your prayers and encouragement.
    Now I need to eat some oatmeal and head out to mow before it gets any hotter. Have a great Thursday, and here's to smart choices!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mary, that is an awesome morning!! Congratulations on the new phone, fixed mower and the get out of jail free card! :bigsmile: It's nice to have wonderful news!

Positively Me, welcome! We have some great people on this thread! I will get you on our list, next week!

I sure use a lot of exclamation points!!! :blushing: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Did some weeding this morning and am off to the races with some sort of exercise this morning, have not decided what I am doing yet--probably the treadmill. I really need to plan my weeks again, I get lost if I don't plan ahead.

HAve a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • OnMyWeigh
    Options
    Glad you found the thread Positively Me! Welcome, friend!

I have today off because Kati's Brownie troop is having a pool party and I was asked to Lifeguard. Today will be fun but a little leary about tomorrow. It will be our first "food day" at work since I jumped back on the healthy eating wagon... I know that I need to bring something healthy as I doubt anyone else will. Any ideas? I have managed to stay away from the junk food because I just don't buy it but if chips and stuff re sitting out all day I will likely munch....
  • msh0530
    Options
    Well, I mowed for two hours, now I am off to clean for an hour and then head to the swimming pool. I'm going to come home, fix dinner, and take it to my daughter's house. Tonight I will play in another summer band concert. I'd better go before I get too tired just thinking about the day!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Randi, have some of those yummy, crunchy baby carrots on hand, as well as nuts, fruit & plenty of bottled water! You can do it!!
  • msh0530
    Options
    And as I always say, add some grapes to that snack pile!
  • MayLan
    Options
    I agree, I love weigh ins later during the week because my Monday weigh ins are not good.

I vote for fridays.
  • MayLan
    Options
    I got in 2 hours of Brazil Butt Lift today.
  • sanifrey
    Options
    I got in 2 hours of Brazil Butt Lift today.

OUCH!!! :wink: great job!