Looking for BREASTFEEDING moms.

Options

Replies

• Emmy360
    Emmy360 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hie still nursing my 18month old..Feel free to add me..Love to see how other moms are getting it done.
  • Emmy360
    Emmy360 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WOW! I did not know you could log your breastfeeding. Thanks to a new friend, another member when I looked on her profile I found it. Could have been using it all along.. Tanks
  • Kearney1022
    Options
    How did you log your BFing????
  • jfwahl
    jfwahl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am breastfeeding my 3 1/2 month old and have a 21month old.I stopped breastfeeding my first when I dried up. She was a year old at time time. Feel free to add me. I have been working out or walking almost everyday from the time my baby turned 5 weeks old and can't seem to loose a single lb. I just started on myfitnesspal and hope this helps. It's nice to know that many new breastfeeding moms are having problems with this. I thought I was just me or that I was eatting too much. I logs my food and I don't seem to be. SO hope this clears up after she is don't BF. Please add me too if you want.
  • danalin26
    danalin26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm breast feeding my 9mo dd. I don't lose the weight with my dd's like I did with my ds's :sigh:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    currently nursing my (almost) 4 month old, planning on going at least a year, but will be doing baby-led weaning :)
  • kalli222
    Options
    I am still breastfeeding my 7 1/2 month old and plan on doind this for however long my baby wants to nurse. I am about 15lbs away from my goal weight. Seems like it is really difficult to get these last pounds off. Would love to share with others going through the same thing!
  • belle10317
    belle10317 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am BF my 2 month old. I still want to lose 25 lbs...but I know it will go slowly while nursing. I BF my daughter until she was 2.5, my son until he was 14 months (actually tandem nursed them together for one year!). With all my pregnancies I have gained over 60 lbs and have eventually lost it all. I'm looking for support from other BF mom's who are into fitness and BF! Add me as a friend....my diary is open!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm still breastfeeding my 6 mo old started insanity today eating between 1800-2000 calories
  • tonyajohn
    Options
    Breastfeeding a 20 month old. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • memiller06
    memiller06 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my 4mo daughter and loving it, and hope to do this for at least the first year. I've started back to work (pumping) and I'm looking for help and support to eat healthy and keep the milk flowing! My weight came off, but my daughter was 6 weeks early so I didn't gain as much as Drs expected.. My biggest challenge it time and having healthy choices at the ready. hope you can help with some good ideas.
  • Aiiryfairy
    Aiiryfairy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my 12 month old and fighting the flab hehe. Feel free to add me! :)
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My baby just hit 10 months and we're still breastfeeding for the time being. I GAINED weight nursing my first son so I'm happy that it's going the other way this time. Feel free to add.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I am breasfeeding my one year old (just had his birthday!). He nurses 4-5 times a day (sometimes more) and I try to eat 2,000 calories. I am usually under though. I have only lost 2 lbs in 2 months. But at least it is going in the right direction. I know it isn't safe to lose too muchtoo fast when breasfeeding because the toxins that are released. I would love some breasfeeding mommy friends!
  • health1971
    Options
    (I warn you now, I swear like a sailor):blushing:
    [/quote]

Hi,

I stopped breast feeding 21-years ago but i swear like a sailor as well, so feel free to add me 8 )...
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Topic would make a great Match.com profile headline.
  • Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log my breastfeeding so I can eat back the calories. I googled and if you are exclusively breastfeeding/pumping you can burn between 500-700 calories a day from just that. So I put breastfeeding under cardio at 500. If I don't do that I don't eat enough and I get light headed when breastfeeding her. Any how, my diary is open to my friends, be warned, I eat whatever I want and then burn it off with work outs.
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Still nursing my 20m old but finally moving towards weaning because I was mentally DONE when she was closer to 3m lol. She is my 4th extended nursed baby...and my last. I am so DONE. :) She is day weaned but makes up for it at night, at this point.

Therefore I don't care if my milk dries up so I am just doing my thing (I don't take any weird chemicals to aid in my loss and do make sure that whatever I do consume is safe for her, of course).

ETA: I would be careful with what MFP tells you to add calorie-wise for nursing. I wear a bodybugg that tells me what I burn daily and through the night. I do not burn 500-700 calories extra per day unfortunately.
  • Bobbly1107
    Options
    Breastfeeding an -almost- 12month old. Anyone can feel free to add me if they'd like. =]
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Still nursing my 20m old but finally moving towards weaning because I was mentally DONE when she was closer to 3m lol. She is my 4th extended nursed baby...and my last. I am so DONE. :) She is day weaned but makes up for it at night, at this point.

Therefore I don't care if my milk dries up so I am just doing my thing (I don't take any weird chemicals to aid in my loss and do make sure that whatever I do consume is safe for her, of course).

ETA: I would be careful with what MFP tells you to add calorie-wise for nursing. I wear a bodybugg that tells me what I burn daily and through the night. I do not burn 500-700 calories extra per day unfortunately.
    Interesting. Can you tell me how it can tell how many calories you burn while breasfeeding? I don't understand.