Looking for BREASTFEEDING moms.

Options

Replies

• narshfamily
    Options
    I had to start pumping for my 2 month old. She would have her days she would breastfeed and days that she wouldn't. As long as she gets breast milk i do not mind. I didn't gain much this pregnancy about 15lbs. I've lost all that I just want to get back down to 130 again. that is my goal. feel free to add me if you would like!
  • colechartier
    colechartier Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 7 week old son, my 26 month old and pumping to donate to a local baby....would love to have more BFing mom friends on here! feel free to add me!
  • erinedemers
    Options
    Hi there, I'm nursing my 3 month old.

With my first child, the weight just melted off, but I have not lost a single pound since delivery this time! For my second pregnancy, I started out 30 lbs overweight, which obviously put me at a disadvantage.

I have just started a 1500 calorie/day, per advise of my Doctor. I'm starving, but I will do my best!

Pls feel free to add me!
  • curlyslim
    curlyslim Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hiya Yes mum! Add me too!

I am currently bf my almost 11 month old, and he's ill at the moment, so only bf at the moment, and my word! Im feeling ravenous again!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 7 week old son, my 26 month old and pumping to donate to a local baby....would love to have more BFing mom friends on here! feel free to add me!
    Wow, go you! I am so jealous of your milk supply. I have to take supplements and medication and eat right to keep mine up and even then sometimes it's low.

So did you nurse through your pregnancy?
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Am nursing a 3 year old here. Lost the baby weight via weight watchers when he was 7 months old or so. Much easier to lose weight with all of those extra points. Feel free to add me.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Currently breastfeeding my 11 month old and definitely planning to keep going for awhile longer. I'll add you!
  • daisyrid
    daisyrid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 5 month old. This is son number two and I had supply issues with number one. I need to lose my preggy weight but have a constant battle in my head as I don't want my calorie intake to affect my supply. I am prone to sabotaging my weight loss efforts too which doesn't help.

Happy to be added as a friend to anyone on a similar journey.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    In for a thread full of yummy mummies
  • shirukitsune
    Options
    Hi! I nurse my almost 5 month old and have lost 37lbs so far from the 50 I gained. All breastfebreastfeedinh moms feel free to add me :)
  • Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Still nursing my 20m old but finally moving towards weaning because I was mentally DONE when she was closer to 3m lol. She is my 4th extended nursed baby...and my last. I am so DONE. :) She is day weaned but makes up for it at night, at this point.

Therefore I don't care if my milk dries up so I am just doing my thing (I don't take any weird chemicals to aid in my loss and do make sure that whatever I do consume is safe for her, of course).

ETA: I would be careful with what MFP tells you to add calorie-wise for nursing. I wear a bodybugg that tells me what I burn daily and through the night. I do not burn 500-700 calories extra per day unfortunately.

MFP did not have Breastfeeding. I read that on KellyMom. However, I add it not because of the burn---but because I need those extra calories. If I don't eat those 500 calories, I get light-headed and see black when I am breastfeeding. This may have something to do with being hyperglycemic--but anyhow it is the level I have found works for me. I think everyone should do their own research and see what works for their milk supplies, babies, and caloric intake.
  • mrsashcraft
    Options
    Same boat - but my daughter is 3.5 months. I'll add you, let me know if you find some good ideas for eating right when there's zero time in the day to plan meals. I need like 3 extra hours in a day :)
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Same boat - but my daughter is 3.5 months. I'll add you, let me know if you find some good ideas for eating right when there's zero time in the day to plan meals. I need like 3 extra hours in a day :)
    I found (and still find) it's easiest to make large batches of food and then eat it for days. Things like soups, stews, and stir fry. Make stuff up and throw it in the crock pot. I made a very low calorie meal with chicken, apples, potatoes, carrots, green beans, onions, and honey. It is very good and I have enough to eat for a few days.
  • TracyBarrett81
    TracyBarrett81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I am just returning to MVP after having my daughter. She is currently 5weeks old and we are soley bf. I would love to have new friends for support.
  • koreys1990
    koreys1990 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi im ebf my 47 day old and looking to start trimming down some of this weight, anyone can add me
  • Fassero
    Options
    My boy is 13 months old, and still nurses 6-8 times a day. Now that we've passed the year mark, I feel better about more seriously losing weight...but still don't want to have my supply drop if possible. Anyone tried keeping their carbs low, but protein and fats up? Would love to have more breastfeeding friends. Please add me:-)
  • buffykaz
    buffykaz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am exclusively breastfeeding a 3 month old daughter (also have two older children). I was overweight before I got pregnant, so didn't put much on this time around. I lost most of my pregnancy weight after the birth, but have now hit a plateau and am finding it hard to shed the extra weight I have accumulated in between children. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    How did you log your BFing????

I went into my Settings and created a separate meal name called "Breastfeeding" and add my BF calories in there so that they are completely separate from all my other meals. That way I can still see how many cals I am having each meal, and the BF calories stay in their own section.
  • kaitiejolley
    kaitiejolley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Currently BFing my 3.5m old daughter... just started back on MFP 3 weeks ago and am down 5 lbs. I haven't added in extra cals for BFing because I wasn't sure how many to add. 500 seems crazy high to me, since when I first started I was eating around 2000-2200 and not losing. Now MFP has me down to just over 1500, but most days i'm around 1700. I'm only 4 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight with her but 25 lbs away from pre pregnancy with my son that I had 2.5 yrs ago. Please feel free to add me! I need the encouragement!
  • Jod619
    Jod619 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am restarting up using MFP after having my daughter 8 weeks ago, I stopped using MFP when I found out I was pregnant Feb 2013. I have 10 lbs left to pre-pregnancy weight, but about 20 lbs total that I want to lose. I have already lost about 30lbs though. I am breastfeeding my daughter and would like to take things slow so I don't mess up my milk supply. Feel free to add me to help encourage each other! Good luck to everyone!
  • putaskipinmystep
    Options
    Hello! I just joined and am breastfeeding my 3mo old son, I'm hoping to lose about 40-50lbs. Some baby weight and some plain ol' weight I gained before I got pregnant. I thought it would be easier to lose while breastfeeding but that hasn't been the case, darn. I'd love to connect with other moms for motivation!