what do people drink?

Options
I've been browsing through some diaries for ideas & encouragement. I usually see coffee or tea at breakfast but rarely see other liquids & even the glasses of water reads zero. Do people just not log their water?

There's no way I'd get through the day without the water.

What am I missing? Are people that don't log liquids kidding themselves? I even put in the bad stuff like the wine I drank all weekend & the vodka & pineapple I had last night.

Replies

• earthakin66
    earthakin66 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I drink seltzer water and water all day. I rarely drink anything else. I don't log my water because I'm just lazy, I guess. I drink coffee with soy milk in the morning and log the soy milk but not the coffee. To be very precise I guess I should log the coffee as well, but I don't because it only has a few calories in it. If I were to drink a 400 calorie blended iced mocha or something I would have to log that, of course.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I rarely log my water...I did for the first 8 months or so, but I drink so much of it that it became redundant. (I do log my morning tea, my vodka and daily chocolate milks tho!)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I never log water. I only log liquid if it has calories.

This. When I wasn't pregnant I only logged my alcohol because that's the only thing I drank that had calories.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I dont log water but I log my coffee (if i put sweetener in it) wine, liquor or soda I have. Most days I only drink coffee and water so there's really no need to log it. I rarely drink soda or juice.
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Another that doesn't log my liquid, unless it has calories. I drink a lot of fluid, usually tea every day, so never worry about getting my 8 glasses in. If working out in the heat, I can easily drink 2 - 3 gals. Lol
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I only drink water, black coffee, and tea. I keep track of my water and I do log my coffee and tea, since black coffee has around 2 calories per cup and some of my teas have 3 calories per cup. Once in a while if I drink something different, like kombucha or my homemade lemonade, I will always log it. However, drinking things like that are rare.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options

Pretty much this. If it doesn't have calories [or has very few calories] I don't log it. Usually I drink diet sodas, teas sweetened with Splenda, sugar-free flavor pouches [the Realime line is really good, especially black cherry limeade] and water.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda but don't bother to log it usually. I do make an effort to drink more water, and log it somewhat. I judge my hydration level by the shade of my urine. Dark means I'm not drinking enough water.
    Trish1c wrote: »
    I've been browsing through some diaries for ideas & encouragement. I usually see coffee or tea at breakfast but rarely see other liquids & even the glasses of water reads zero. Do people just not log their water?

There's no way I'd get through the day without the water.

What am I missing? Are people that don't log liquids kidding themselves? I even put in the bad stuff like the wine I drank all weekend & the vodka & pineapple I had last night.

• emstamand
    emstamand Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I drink water and other zero calorie drinks. I tend to reach for an energy drink every once in awhile because of the hours I work (this energy drink kick started in highschool and has stuck with me for 6 years). I find logging water is redundant on the basis that I drink so much in a day. I do log other drinks if they are part of my lunch or dinner though.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what everyone else has said. I don't log water, black coffee or tea. That makes up most of what I drink. I'll log anything else I drink (Pepsi, chocolate milk, beer, etc). Not completely related, I also don't log spices. I found that logging spices made my life absolutely miserable, killed the creativity in my cooking because I hated logging it so much and therefore made me want to quit. Not worth it for next to no calories. I want to make this as sustainable and as enjoyable as possible.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    On an average day I drink tea, water and wine. Occasionally beer. Other drinks rarely.

I don't log anything now but when I did try logging I didn't log water or tea, but I did log wine because it has calories. I never saw a need to log things with miniscule or zero calories.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Most of the myths about drinking a ridiculous amount of water have been debunked so I only log calories, not water.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I don't log drinks with 0 calories unless they have other nutrients listed like sodium. I do tick the water glass for water I've drunk throughout the day.
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I never log water or coffee because neither have calories
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't log my drinks because it's typically water, coffee, and tea (both black). I don't feel the need to track my liquid intake... I just use MFP to lose/maintain weight. I only log drinks that have calories (which I pretty much don't drink anymore).
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I don't log my water. I tried at first but it became tedious really quickly. Other than water it's coffee for me and I do log that.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I'm not currently logging, but when I was this was the same for me, and I rarely drink anything with calories (or enough calories to bother with -- I drink lots of black coffee and don't log it).
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    The only time I consistantly logged my water was during pregnancy. The only other drinks I have are coffee with half and half (which I log, when I bother logging at all) or alcohol (same). I don't drink anything else with calories.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    I drink quite a bit of water throughout the day, but I never log it. I don't think it is necessary to keep track of it since it has no nutrition or calories. I do think it is important to drink water and it is good for you, but the old myths about 8 glasses per day is not necessary. I drink coffee in the morning and occasionally unsweetened tea or sometimes a Coke or Sprite. If I drink something with calories or vitamins or minerals in it I log it.