Fast Food Options - No chicken

Options
I am packing and moving so will be eating out a lot over the next few weeks. Any recommendations on healthy "fast food" options that don't include chicken? I like chicken but just realized I've eaten it for dinner 7 days in a row because I usually go to Panera, Chick fil a, Wendy's etc. and I always get a chicken salad, sandwich, wrap, etc.. I can pick something up at other places or the grocery store, just can't cook because my kitchen is packed!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    whatever fits into your calorie and micro and macro goals for the day....subway is a good one...
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Skip the fast food & go to the hot buffet section of your local grocery store. Mine has grilled salmon & tons of veggies. Also any place that has a big salad bar. It's not perfect but how do you feel about white pizza with broccoli & spinach?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    Skip the fast food & go to the hot buffet section of your local grocery store. Mine has grilled salmon & tons of veggies. Also any place that has a big salad bar. It's not perfect but how do you feel about white pizza with broccoli & spinach?

why would fast food be any worse than a grocery store buffet..??
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Chipotle/Qdoba? Pretty easy to make non-chicken relatively healthy choices there.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

She wanted variety. I don't know too many things you can get at a fast food place besides burger or chicken. My grocery store buffet had more choices. Of course there will be bad choices but there are other options. Mine offered lean roast beef, a couple of kinds of chicken, a few pasta dishes, salmon, talpia, and roast pork as the proteins. I don't know any place else you can get that variety quickly for not a lot of money.

• BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Whole foods hot food line is all Organic(so they say). And has actual cooks.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I dislike chicken, so usually get chili at Wendy's, rodeo burger or veggie burger at Burger King, 6" ham at Subway. I don't like anything at Chik-fil-a.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

And other grocery stores don't have actual cooks? :huh:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I get unwiches from jimmy johns, not to be healthy or anything, bread just poofs me up
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    When we remodeled the kitchen last summer, we ate grocery store prepared food or fast food for 3 weeks. We got really tired of it.
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    If you do fast food,go on the website and look at the nutritional facts. That can help you plan out your meal and you won't have to worry about making the wrong choice.

If you go to regular restaurants, stick to grilled and baked options. Stay away from the creamy/cheesy type things. Some places have healthy option sections and can show the calorie amount. Not all of them do but more are doing this as time goes on.

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Wendy's has baked potatoes. You can have one plain, order a small side of chili, and dump on top of the potato...
    Very tasty and not too many calories.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

And other grocery stores don't have actual cooks? :huh:

I could be wrong, but I read it as he was saying fast food places don't have actual cooks / chefs.
  • ndj1979
    Options

so what? You don't need a cook to get the right balance of calories, fats, protein, and carbs....
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I have a pretty good bbq place by me where I can get bbq pork, turkey, beef etc.. so maybe I'll try that tonight with a side salad. The good news is this is forcing me to go out every day instead of staying at home so I'm getting a little more activity in.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I have a pretty good bbq place by me where I can get bbq pork, turkey, beef etc.. so maybe I'll try that tonight with a side salad. The good news is this is forcing me to go out every day instead of staying at home so I'm getting a little more activity in.

you can always get the BBQ sauce on the side, or go for the brisket...
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Do you have Publix? The subs, mmm.
    Little taco places can be good. Fish tacos!
    Ramen house?

Good luck to you.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    No Publix and don't eat noodles but fish tacos sound good!
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I definitely love wendys. They have a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger with 380 calories. Match that with a garden side salad including crutons and ranch dressing, and your meal total will be 590cals. Not too bad for a fast food meal. I also love subway, and taco bell! believe it or not, a crunch taco only has 170cals, and a soft one has 190.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OK apparently I pissed people off. I was just suggesting the whole foods hot line. Sorry. yes other stores have hot food yes other places have cooks. Relax glean the info you want and let the rest go. I was just trying to add to the conversation is all. Again I am sorry i offended anyone.