Fast Food Options - No chicken

Options
2»

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    If you have enough time to sit down at a restaurant you can't go wrong with some lean meat or fish and some grilled veggies. You have to leave out the bread and potatoes to make it work though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    If you have enough time to sit down at a restaurant you can't go wrong with some lean meat or fish and some grilled veggies. You have to leave out the bread and potatoes to make it work though.

? why do you have to leave out the bread and potatoes???
  • emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Love those places!!! But without chicken it's hard to think of healthy options. Panera bread will be fine if you order a soup or sandwich, chick fil a would be a tough one but you can order the salads without chicken in them too. Wendy's has chili, baked potato, and you could always eat value burger or fries as well. Just watch the calories mainly. Once you get set up it will be easier to eat right. Also, hit sub shops and order healthier things. Walmart or a grocery store should have a deli with salads, subs, and other easy options. Good luck!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    OK apparently I pissed people off. I was just suggesting the whole foods hot line. Sorry. yes other stores have hot food yes other places have cooks. Relax glean the info you want and let the rest go. I was just trying to add to the conversation is all. Again I am sorry i offended anyone.

Don't be. It scares me that you'd A. consider what you typed capable of offending B. Would feel sorrow that something so small was offensive to someone, somewhere on the internet and C. would apologize for hurting someone with skin that thin.

I doubt you pissed anyone off, but I also notice that you never answered the question of why "fast food" is worse than "organic"--you took the easier route of assuming someone could be angry and backed down.

In the weird *kitten* world of MFP that is a valid question. How is organic grocery store food better than, say, something at Subway that fits your calorie goal? There has to be a reason, not just a series of buzz words.

Edited: changed my fast food example--my first one included chicken. Anything is better than chicken, because the OP specified "no chicken."
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I am packing and moving so will be eating out a lot over the next few weeks. Any recommendations on healthy "fast food" options that don't include chicken? I like chicken but just realized I've eaten it for dinner 7 days in a row because I usually go to Panera, Chick fil a, Wendy's etc. and I always get a chicken salad, sandwich, wrap, etc.. I can pick something up at other places or the grocery store, just can't cook because my kitchen is packed!

Order things that are not chicken? Look online at menu and nutrition info for places near you.

At burger places I tend to get a regular hamburger and a side salad with vinaigrette dressing.
    Get a smaller thin crust pizza and a salad.
    Soups. Get some vegetable or bean based soup.
    Get a baked potato topped with broccoli and cheese.
    Grocery store- yogurt, fresh fruit, canned fruit, flavored tuna pouches, fresh vegetables, salads, canned beans, tortillas, pita bread, lunchmeats, hummus, sausage, peanut butter, nuts, dried fruit, cottage cheese, deli food
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    OK apparently I pissed people off. I was just suggesting the whole foods hot line. Sorry. yes other stores have hot food yes other places have cooks. Relax glean the info you want and let the rest go. I was just trying to add to the conversation is all. Again I am sorry i offended anyone.

I can do some serious damage with whole foods hot food. Everything is doused in oil and creamy sauces.

• BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Don't be. It scares me that you'd A. consider what you typed capable of offending B. Would feel sorrow that something so small was offensive to someone, somewhere on the internet and C. would apologize for hurting someone with skin that thin.

I doubt you pissed anyone off, but I also notice that you never answered the question of why "fast food" is worse than "organic"--you took the easier route of assuming someone could be angry and backed down.

In the weird *kitten* world of MFP that is a valid question. How is organic grocery store food better than, say, something at Subway that fits your calorie goal? There has to be a reason, not just a series of buzz words.

Edited: changed my fast food example--my first one included chicken. Anything is better than chicken, because the OP specified "no chicken."

I say Organic is better because its usually what's in season and local. It hasn't been shipped cross country. When i can afford it I always will buy organic. Especially meats. They taste way better. You are right in the grand scheme of calorie counts it probably means nothing. But i try to be conscientious of where my food comes.That IMHO is why I think organic is better than fast food.

And thanks for the pep talk.