Workout routine ... Probably a really common question

Options
I'm almost done with the Jamie Eason 12 week program and its time to start looking for a new one. Any recommendations for a girl who loves to lift??

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? Do you like heavy strength training with minimal assistance work, high volume, super-sets?
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    What are your goals? Do you like heavy strength training with minimal assistance work, high volume, super-sets?

My goal is to lean out. Currently cutting. I like super sets but I don't think I can do those. My gym is always very packed and it's hard to use two machines at once. I love high volume but man I also love lifting super heavy. I usually try to do a lot of drop downs to incorporate both.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

My goal is to lean out. Currently cutting. I like super sets but I don't think I can do those. My gym is always very packed and it's hard to use two machines at once. I love high volume but man I also love lifting super heavy. I usually try to do a lot of drop downs to incorporate both.

Something like PHUL has a decent amount of volume. It is broken up by upper and lower days. One for power, one for hypertrophy. 4 days per week. I love this program but it is pretty intense on a cut. You could definitely pull it off if you're doing a 250 calorie deficit and add volume slowly.

You could also do something like Ice Cream Fitness which is 5x5 with accessories. Or Strong Curves?
  • arditarose
    Options
    If you've been lifting for a little while and like powerlifting you can also try Wendlers 5/3/1.