food before bed.... :/

Options

Replies

• mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like when you like as long as you are within your calorie goal for the day.:drinker: Just try to keep a good balanced diet rather than half a pack of chocolate digestives as a bedtime snack :wink:
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Try to eat a good breakfast for a good week. It's just a rhythm that you made to eat at night and then not be hungry in the morning. I used to be the same but turned it around. Maybe the time you eat has nothing to do with weight loss, but studies show (I'll look up the links if you really want to) that there is a correlation between people that skip breakfast and people that are overweight.

This is very true, especially for women. When people skip breakfast (break the fast), our bodies go into a "famine mode" and will store every calorie we consume whether it needs it or not. Once you start feeding your body more regularly and stop restricting yourself from eating during the day, the night binges will stop. Tell yourself it's okay to eat. You will lose weight easier if eat small meals several times a day as opposed to one or two big meals.

I'm not going to be a smart *kitten* today...

OP, eat whenever you like within you goals and you'll be fine :drinker:
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It was very difficult for me to start eating breakfast. All I ever wanted was some coffee. The first couple of weeks of eating it was a forced issue. Now my body expects it and I enjoy it. For me, I try to keep breakfast and lunch a lower calorie meal and dinner my big meal. I know I am going to snack so I always keep calories back so use for this. I am very selfish with using my calories so I make sure I do enough work out to have extra left over.
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    "This is very true, especially for women. When people skip breakfast (break the fast), our bodies go into a "famine mode" and will store every calorie we consume whether it needs it or not. Once you start feeding your body more regularly and stop restricting yourself from eating during the day, the night binges will stop. Tell yourself it's okay to eat. You will lose weight easier if eat small meals several times a day as opposed to one or two big meals. "

The BroScience is strong in this one!

Anywho, short answer as given: Eat within your macros and at your intended caloric intake each day, TDEE - %. Exercise because it's fun. Enjoy life!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Try to eat a good breakfast for a good week. It's just a rhythm that you made to eat at night and then not be hungry in the morning. I used to be the same but turned it around. Maybe the time you eat has nothing to do with weight loss, but studies show (I'll look up the links if you really want to) that there is a correlation between people that skip breakfast and people that are overweight.

Maybe it's backwards, and it's that Obese/overweight people are more likely to skip breakfast.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Crumbs on sheets is a real turn off.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning. If I eat right before I sleep, I tend to weigh more in the morning. Well, duh, that's because there's more food waiting to be fully digested in my belly, not because I gain a pound overnight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I've always believe in "starvation mode" because many times when I UPPED my calorie intake, I lost better. But your comment about proof made me look up the topic, and I found this article that I thought was very interesting:

http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/weight-loss/truth-starvation-mode

You can't be in starvation mode unless you eat nothing for 72 hours and STARVE yourself..hello...!!

starvation mode and metabolic slowdown are not the same thing...

starvation mode is when your body turns on itself for energy = starving kids in Africa that do not eat for days at a time...
    metabolic slow down = you under eat which in turn causes your metabolism to slow...
  • jonesgrrl
    jonesgrrl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I didn't say in bed. BEFORE bed...
  • jonesgrrl
    jonesgrrl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well my dad lied to me. Still very nervous about eating close to bed time. Its actually harder for me to get to sleep on a hungry tummy... don't really believe in "studies" I just wanted some advice from people losing weight. Thanks again guys
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be nervous about. Just eat.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Well my dad lied to me. Still very nervous about eating close to bed time. Its actually harder for me to get to sleep on a hungry tummy... don't really believe in "studies" I just wanted some advice from people losing weight. Thanks again guys

It's not like he lied, he just didnt know better.

why dont you just log your food, weigh it on a food scale...track your exercise, and see how it goes?
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I almost always eat a large snack right before bed. It hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. Just stick to your calorie goal and don't worry about timing :)
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    if it matters any i always have something to eat before bedtime. cant get to sleep if im hungry either. im still steadily losing weight even with my midnight munchies. just stay within your calorie goal and you should be just fine. :)
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options

This is very true, especially for women. When people skip breakfast (break the fast), our bodies go into a "famine mode" and will store every calorie we consume whether it needs it or not. Once you start feeding your body more regularly and stop restricting yourself from eating during the day, the night binges will stop. Tell yourself it's okay to eat. You will lose weight easier if eat small meals several times a day as opposed to one or two big meals.

Yes I totally agree with this *snicker snicker* BWahahahahah Just kidding :P
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

If what you say is true, why is it that 90% of all Americans eat breakfast in some form, yet more than 50% of the total population are overweight.....that is according to WHO numbers.
  • kzakian
    kzakian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr. O today and he sad new studies have shown that if two people eat exactly the same calories, but one eats all the calories earlier in the day, that person will lose more weight that the person who eats later in the evening. I was shocked at this because I also thought that the time of day doesn't matter.

Thoughts?
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I was watching Dr. O today and he sad new studies have shown that if two people eat exactly the same calories, but one eats all the calories earlier in the day, that person will lose more weight that the person who eats later in the evening. I was shocked at this because I also thought that the time of day doesn't matter.

Thoughts?

Dr. Oz is an idiot.
  • kzakian
    kzakian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is an idiot.

Haha.. As I suspected.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You need to remember that TIME is a man-made concept... You will continue to burn calories whilst you sleep.
    Eat when you're hungry; if that happens to be at 2am, as long as you have enough left to fit into your daily goal... MUNCH AWAY