Best tea for weight loss??

Options
1235»

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    wessx1 wrote: »
    If there were a tea that would make me lose weight, then you can bet your *kitten* I would be chugging it down, but alas there is no such miracle out there...

Right?

If green tea works so well, then why are there still overweight individuals in the world? Green tea isn't expensive.

Oh, and since I drink a lot of green tea, why hasn't this 50lbs melted off me? Silly me doing CICO.

Because grees tea by itself is not enough you need to fix your diet and schedule your routine and food correctly .

Oh, thank you SO much for telling me how to lose weight. It's not like I don't know how or anything, after losing 90lbs. Stupid me!

But still, it's not the eating better or working out, it's the green tea. Duh.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If there were a tea that would make me lose weight, then you can bet your *kitten* I would be chugging it down, but alas there is no such miracle out there...

Right?

If green tea works so well, then why are there still overweight individuals in the world? Green tea isn't expensive.

Oh, and since I drink a lot of green tea, why hasn't this 50lbs melted off me? Silly me doing CICO.

Because grees tea by itself is not enough you need to fix your diet and schedule your routine and food correctly .

Oh, thank you SO much for telling me how to lose weight. It's not like I don't know how or anything, after losing 90lbs. Stupid me!

I love when people give serious answers to sarcastic questions.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Right?

I love when people give serious answers to sarcastic questions.
    It's okay. Sarcasm gets lost on the interwebs. It is far more entertaining that way. ;)

*munches on EGCG infused sugar-free Haribo gummies and takes a shot of EGCG infused vodka*
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Where oh where is the OP?
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Where oh where is the OP?

Off drinking all the tea.
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    kizanne1 wrote: »
    Even better it has antioxidants

Eating and drinking antioxidants actually reduces the amount of antioxidants the body has in it over the following hours. The body makes all the antioxidants it needs and doesn't need any more, flooding it reduces the rate of production.

So if you're concerned with the amount of antioxidants you have, after asking yourself why you want them and realising you've been sucked in by this and last year's fad, read the science and stop trying to get them from tea and certain highly expensive foods labeled as super by manufacturers.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    This thread is great! I've learned that googling something and reading random websites counts as peer reviewed research.

Green tea is NOT for weightloss. It's flavored water with a tiny amount of micronutrients.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    This thread is great! I've learned that googling something and reading random websites counts as peer reviewed research.

Green tea is NOT for weightloss. It's flavored water with a tiny amount of micronutrients.

I wish I'd known this when I was in grad school. Would have been a lot easier.