Best tea for weight loss??

Options

Replies

• wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If there were a tea that would make me lose weight, then you can bet your *kitten* I would be chugging it down, but alas there is no such miracle out there...

Right?

If green tea works so well, then why are there still overweight individuals in the world? Green tea isn't expensive.

Oh, and since I drink a lot of green tea, why hasn't this 50lbs melted off me? Silly me doing CICO.

Because grees tea by itself is not enough you need to fix your diet and schedule your routine and food correctly .
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla chai and this awesome caramel tea I've got. Do they aid weight loss? No, but they taste great and I can drink them when I have the urge for something sweet instead of eating calorie laden sweets. Also it means I'm drinking more fluids and that's always good. Plus they contain caffeine which is a stimulant that mildly suppresses the appetite.

So no, no tea is going to melt fat, but they can help you curb cravings.
  • wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    wessx1 wrote: »
    Teatox
    They are good
    Lol...no, they are not. They're either laxatives or diuretics @wessx1 and do absolutely nothing for fat loss. No scientific studies to back up that they work for fat loss.

@cerise_noir
    They are not award winning from nowhere
    I personally tried them and they "help"
    An important ingredient in most of the proteins is green tea and since it helps in digesting these new teas in the markets work no different.

In regards to studies over products that make you lose weight there isn't any product till date which actually and officially make you lose weight :)

I respectfully disagree. their 'award winning' comes from sales. OP asked if there re any teas good for weight loss. If you do some digging around, you'll see many of not all of these weight loss teas are actually a scam. You'll also see so many reviews of these teas sending some off to emergency rooms due to the high caffeine content or diuretics and laxatives cause severe dehydration, and many of these accounts come from people here on MFP. Of course there are no products to help one lose weight, since the only thing that works and is proven to is CICO. As someone who drinks green tea several times a day, I can definitely say that green tea does not work for weight loss. It is caffeine, so yes it can be energizing, but for weight loss? Nothing but a calorie deficit works.

@cerise_noir
    If you went through what i mentioned earlier ,these detox teas "help" in digesting which is an important factor for those who diet in addition to ability to naturally boost metabolism.
    I never go with the reviews of people because they are not enough however, before i comment on your reply any further let me ask you if (a) personally tried the teatox before you lay your comment about them being in-effective??
    (B) have you ever heard of the Japanese matcha detox tea? Please red up on it .It is certified for being a weight loss factor in addition to its countless benefits :)

How do they help in digesting exactly? And the link to the Japanese matcha detox tea for weight loss would be great! Thank you

EGCG :p
    Many articles can be found online just type about matcha green tea in google
    But there you go i am linking one of the articles about it here for you
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/8-wonders-of-matcha-green-tea.html

That link is not what I meant, something based on science. You know, peer reviewed. Try again.

@queenliz99
    I think you are more interested in debating rather than reading
    Ok let me first teach you how to search on google :D
    You simply type "matcha green tea doctors reviews" or "match green tea studies" and it will list all the articles from drs reviews and studies.
    I will only post couple of links here for you because i not sure if you will read them even :p
    (1) https://www.kenkotea.com.au/blogs/news/54794373-matcha-green-tea-for-weight-loss

(2)Another article -qoutes
    "Researchers at the University of Colorado found that EGCC concentration in matcha is 137 times greater than in regular green tea"
    "Experts at Tuft’s University discovered that matcha has 20 times more antioxidants than pomegranates or blueberries, both considered “superfoods.”
    http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/604696

***Please bare in mind that despite all studies and reviews you still may have this tea and NOT lose weight ,these are all products that "help" in "your" process of losing weight and NOT a main factor for losing weight(like i said earlier).I personally will never debate with scientists and drs who have been in this field and know it better than i do but at the end of the day it is you who understand your body more than anyone else***

I will not be replying to you on this topic any further i believe i already answered the main question of this blog to the person who posted it .You can go ahead and do your search about teas "if" you really want to.
    All the best.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    If there were a tea that would make me lose weight, then you can bet your *kitten* I would be chugging it down, but alas there is no such miracle out there...

Right?

If green tea works so well, then why are there still overweight individuals in the world? Green tea isn't expensive.

Oh, and since I drink a lot of green tea, why hasn't this 50lbs melted off me? Silly me doing CICO.

Because grees tea by itself is not enough you need to fix your diet and schedule your routine and food correctly .

You don't really get sarcasm do you?
  • caradack1985
    Options
    I've looked on Google scholar and found nothing on green tea and weight loss, but did find one article on green tea causing auto immune hepatitis...
  • caradack1985
    Options
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2005.142/full

Found one, these people were given a supplement that contained 45mg of Egcc 6 times a day. There was no difference in weight loss, but those on the supplement didn't regain weight as those on the placebo did, for the low caffeine group. For the high caffeine group there was no real difference in weight maintenance outcomes. I don't know how much ECGG you get in a normal cup of matcha tea but I'm guessing you'd have to drink a lot to get the equivalent 270mg.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Teatox
    They are good
    Lol...no, they are not. They're either laxatives or diuretics @wessx1 and do absolutely nothing for fat loss. No scientific studies to back up that they work for fat loss.

@cerise_noir
    They are not award winning from nowhere
    I personally tried them and they "help"
    An important ingredient in most of the proteins is green tea and since it helps in digesting these new teas in the markets work no different.

In regards to studies over products that make you lose weight there isn't any product till date which actually and officially make you lose weight :)

I respectfully disagree. their 'award winning' comes from sales. OP asked if there re any teas good for weight loss. If you do some digging around, you'll see many of not all of these weight loss teas are actually a scam. You'll also see so many reviews of these teas sending some off to emergency rooms due to the high caffeine content or diuretics and laxatives cause severe dehydration, and many of these accounts come from people here on MFP. Of course there are no products to help one lose weight, since the only thing that works and is proven to is CICO. As someone who drinks green tea several times a day, I can definitely say that green tea does not work for weight loss. It is caffeine, so yes it can be energizing, but for weight loss? Nothing but a calorie deficit works.

@cerise_noir
    If you went through what i mentioned earlier ,these detox teas "help" in digesting which is an important factor for those who diet in addition to ability to naturally boost metabolism.
    I never go with the reviews of people because they are not enough however, before i comment on your reply any further let me ask you if (a) personally tried the teatox before you lay your comment about them being in-effective??
    (B) have you ever heard of the Japanese matcha detox tea? Please red up on it .It is certified for being a weight loss factor in addition to its countless benefits :)

How do they help in digesting exactly? And the link to the Japanese matcha detox tea for weight loss would be great! Thank you

EGCG :p
    Many articles can be found online just type about matcha green tea in google
    But there you go i am linking one of the articles about it here for you
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/8-wonders-of-matcha-green-tea.html

That link is not what I meant, something based on science. You know, peer reviewed. Try again.

@queenliz99
    I think you are more interested in debating rather than reading
    Ok let me first teach you how to search on google :D
    You simply type "matcha green tea doctors reviews" or "match green tea studies" and it will list all the articles from drs reviews and studies.
    I will only post couple of links here for you because i not sure if you will read them even :p
    (1) https://www.kenkotea.com.au/blogs/news/54794373-matcha-green-tea-for-weight-loss

(2)Another article -qoutes
    "Researchers at the University of Colorado found that EGCC concentration in matcha is 137 times greater than in regular green tea"
    "Experts at Tuft’s University discovered that matcha has 20 times more antioxidants than pomegranates or blueberries, both considered “superfoods.”
    http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/604696

***Please bare in mind that despite all studies and reviews you still may have this tea and NOT lose weight ,these are all products that "help" in "your" process of losing weight and NOT a main factor for losing weight(like i said earlier).I personally will never debate with scientists and drs who have been in this field and know it better than i do but at the end of the day it is you who understand your body more than anyone else***

I will not be replying to you on this topic any further i believe i already answered the main question of this blog to the person who posted it .You can go ahead and do your search about teas "if" you really want to.
    All the best.

Googled? Thanks for the tip, I didn't know you could use google for information. Here's is what I found, it was at the top. enjoy

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/03/green-tea-benefits.aspx
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Though not for weight loss, I definitely have some suggestions if you are looking to switch up your go-to tea....The Good Earth Wild Chaild is delicious. I also like Bigelow's Vanilla Carmel or Salted Carmel flavors... :)
  • elmarkin12
    elmarkin12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Herbalife tea c
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of peppermint tea a day, no real benefit to my weight loss journey, but for me it helps with digestion and bloating.
  • kaymarhin77
    kaymarhin77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Green tea and fennel tea has helped me with energy and bloat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    All the teas! For variety and taste.

http://www.glenns-restaurant.com/PDF/CompleteTeaMenu.pdf

Your green tea will taste a lot better if your water isn't quite boiling.

For weight loss, reduce your overall calorie intake.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Oh! I know! It's the tea that doesn't have sugar in it! 8 times 8 oz per day. Sweet dreams, not!

Although I must say that my cousin, who along with his wife, use frequent calorie deficits to maintain 60 & slim, have an awesome collection of tea bags.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it can help with hydration, and with some energy due to the caffiene.

i have found that drinking warm fluids helps me not feel as hungry-and it's not the stupid are you hungry or thirsty bull that everyone always asks.

does it directly help to lose weight? no or we would all be drinking gallons of it
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23235664

Summarizing a number of studies in the US and outside the US on the efficacy of green tea as weight loss aid.

Concludes:

Green tea preparations appear to induce a small, statistically non-significant weight loss in overweight or obese adults. Because the amount of weight loss is small, it is not likely to be clinically important. Green tea had no significant effect on the maintenance of weight loss. Of those studies recording information on adverse events, only two identified an adverse event requiring hospitalisation. The remaining adverse events were judged to be mild to moderate
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    Any suggestions on which tea is most beneficial for weight loss? I've been drinking green tea for the past few months and pretty sick of it lol. Any ideas??

IMO unsweetened tea is best because it leaves more calories for food.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Right?

Oh, thank you SO much for telling me how to lose weight. It's not like I don't know how or anything, after losing 90lbs. Stupid me!